funnel webs as pets? + afew other Q's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RedEyeGirl.

No Funnelwebs are not protected at all...
People can even bring exterminators in to clear them out of their yards.

ecam8310: thank you so so so so so so much! i went out looking for sometoday, only ones i found were dead in the bottom of a puddle! i tried to see if they were still alive (cause they can make air bubbles and put themselves into a coma and survive for about 7 days!) but nothing, however, i was happily greated by 2 legless lizards under a log and a centopead...the legless lizards were way to fast for me to catch them so i took the centopead!
so now i have a pet centopead and 2 little baby ones aswell!
thanks for the photos too! great shots!

Cheers,

Luke

When I was at uni one of the lectures was doing research and had like 100 of them. He kept them all in jars the size of a big nutella jar with about 5cm dirt and a cotton wall ball that was moistened. It was pretty cool feeding them all, we kept them all together in a couple of big drawers so dark all the time. The girls lived for years but the boys lasted one season when mature, some of the girls even had babies - that was pretty tricky cause they were so tiny, most of them ate each other.

Good luck with finding them, the uni had a couple of people that used to find them - they got them from the blue mountains area and dug up areas of soil under logs and stuff. Oh and they get angry when you blow on them, thats how we used to get venom from them.

I need to make an amendment to my previous post. The third photograph is a trapdoor spider! I have misleadingly named this photo Robustus :shock:. Sorry for the confusion.

Ed.

this post makes the hairs on my neck stand up !! put me in a pit of vens before I would or could ever have a funnelweb as a pet ............lol

thanks guys, i nearly got a little one yesterday, it was atleast 4-5 cm when i lifted up a rock to use for my pond!the burrow was right under it then down...i saw her just sitting there im like HURRAY...LOL...i tried to get it out with a leaf and a twig but she went deeper into the hole! i was pretty angry bout that LOL!

redbellybite: LOL...im getting a funnel web to build up part of my confidence for when i get old enough to keep vens LOL!

Luke

ohhhhhhhh luke I catch vens and even though yes they make a knot in my gut thats what keeps me focused no way in a pink fit would I ever consider a FWS to be a pet I am petrified of spiders to the point I scream and get so out of control I am a big girls blouse when it comes to 8 legged 100 eyed googling at me hairy monster arrrrrrrrr good luck mate with the spider hunting

I absolutely love arachnids.
I had this wild huntsman that lived in my room, I called him 'Mr. Fabio'. I used to put a beetle up on the top of my fan and you'd see him crawl up there grab it and walk off!! I've got this video of me when I was 3 playing with caterpillars, moths, skinks and christmas beetles!!
Froggies

MY Arachnids

Hey All,

I used to milk the Funnel webs at the Reptile park as a volunteer wow what an experience. I have been keeping Tarantulas for around 9 years. I've also had a pet Funnel web female for 4 years. She is to easy to look after with changing of substrate every 6 or so months. Here are a few pics of both.

PICT0100.jpg

PICT0097.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0660-1.jpg

Tarantula.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

Tarantulas005.jpg

Nathan.

Those are wicked pics!
Check out these girls. The bird eater used to come out jet-black after a shed and I caught that funnelweb on the central coast.

Attachments

• robustussmall2.JPG
    robustussmall2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 29
  • crassipes.JPG
    crassipes.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back