Gammon Ranges Carpet Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Gammon

The carpets from eyres penninsular and kangaroo island are reported to be a bit different too,a herpetoligist that was brouht up at broken hill told me that the carpets in the barrier range were different to the ones in low lying areas,this would probably confirm his oppinion.Color wise though i drool at the few ive seen from coopers creek way birdville,they have allot of red in the background color. :)

Have a look on the on Southern X Reptiles home page - there's quite a few pix there - nice looking animals for sure.

Jamie.

Thanks Pythoninfinite, great pics.
With you african, how do you positively ID them? Any one seen any articles other than southern cross?
It would be a pity to loose such a rare blood line.
Cheers
Hendrix

Gammon ranges carpet python?

I have been reding and looking at the pics of the Gammon ranges carpet pythons on southern x reptiles. I bought an Inland carpet a few years ago (sadly she passed away from canker) and often thought that she was not a typical inland as they are mostly grey. Mine had alot of orange in her colouring. Just wondering what people think. Was she MD or Gammon ranges?

Angel.jpg

angeli.jpg

tough one. Looks like a little bit of imbricata as well..............i would hate to take a guess.

Sad to hear she's gone mate. She does look alot like the GR's at Southern Cross, but i wouldn't like to say for sure.

That snake could so easily be imbricata - I've seen many very similar to that in WA... Nice animal, sorry you lost her.

Jamie.

Hi Craig,
She's definitely not a Gammon Ranges Carpet. Looks to be a MD from somewhere inland like central NSW. Would have been an attractive snake if it cleaned up a bit. My guess is that it was fresh out of the wild and not adjusting, hence the canker followed by death.
Matt

The carpets from eyres penninsular and kangaroo island are reported to be a bit different too

The Eyre Peninsula carpets are imbricata in my opinion, but I've never heard of a python from KI.

Color wise though i drool at the few ive seen from coopers creek way birdville

I agree, they're great carpets. I used to have one from that region, around Goyders Lagoon (pic attached).

The ones I've seen from the Barrier Ranges region have been typical Murray/Darlings, but it'd be interesting to know if the ones from the Ranges themselves are different.

Matt

africancichlidau said:
I believe I may have a pair of these beauties but need help positively I.D'ing them. Anyone able to tell me some definite features to look for?

You will need to send them up Phil, shouldnt take more than a few years to work it out for you.

Matt, I think they mean the population of St Francis Island in the Nuyts Archipelago.

ps, I merged the two Gammon Ranges Carpet threads.

Matt, I think they mean the population of St Francis Island in the Nuyts Archipelago.

Ahh, ok, makes sense. The St Francis Island animals are imbricata as well (which is pretty well known). Pretty much the same as the mainland Eyre Peninsula ones, just smaller due to "island stunting".

Matt

that looks like MD carpets you would see from around Wagga Wagga and West Wyalong Albury Waggadonga Craig. It doesn't look like a Gammon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back