Gasing Rats With CO2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i use 4 tablespoons of bicarb to around 200ml of viniger

thanks mate, ive mimic'd your set up. works a treat! did 50 mice last night and 30 rats this morning, only cost me around 10 bucks to throw together, and about 5 dollars for the vinigar and bi carb, works out to about 50cents a gassing.

Same sort of set up again. I found that puting a hole in the lid releases the air when you pump in the Co2. As Co2 is heavier than air only excess Co2 is release when the container is full. If you do not have he hole the lid simply flys off. This is a no fail method, better than mixing up Bicarb and vinagar. And IMHO better than trail and error with donking.

IMG_2428.jpg

Hsut77 thats look awesome, I was thinking about putting a hole in like that for the same reason, let the CO2 replace the oxygen alot more efficently without the something exploding.
Thanks for that

Hsut77 thats look awesome, I was thinking about putting a hole in like that for the same reason, let the CO2 replace the oxygen alot more efficently without the something exploding.
Thanks for that

Yep, I learnt the hard way. Lucky it was a test run and no rats were sheduled for the highway to heaven. BOOOM!

Haha! Yea im sure the rats wouldn't have been to happy only partially gassed

How much for the soadastream machine if you dont mind me asking?

DanThe man; It was $79.00 included 2 Co2 bottles. The standard on is $69.00 but they did not have any at the time. I have not finished one of them yet (co2) and have done about 60 rats. A few bucks for the tubing and container and your set to go.

http://www.sodastream.com.au/aureta...Sodastream&category_name=Drinksmakers&Page=1#

I currently mix my own CO2, but couldn't be stuffed any more and it is not that quick to do the job.
That looks like the go, very easy!!
Where did you get it from, the site or from a shop?

I currently mix my own CO2, but couldn't be stuffed any more and it is not that quick to do the job.
That looks like the go, very easy!!
Where did you get it from, the site or from a shop?

I got it off the site as my local store only sells the flavours and Co2. Took about 3 weeks to come though. There are some old ones on ebay.

I got it off the site as my local store only sells the flavours and Co2. Took about 3 weeks to come though. There are some old ones on ebay.
Yeah I checked ebay, just trying to suss out the process of filling or replacing the CO2 canisters.
What store sells soda stream and or exchangers the empty canisters?
When you purchased from the site, did they ship it with canisters full of CO2?
Thanks Hsut...

Yeah I checked ebay, just trying to suss out the process of filling or replacing the CO2 canisters.
What store sells soda stream and or exchangers the empty canisters?
When you purchased from the site, did they ship it with canisters full of CO2?
Thanks Hsut...

Yep, it came with 2 full bottles. You can exchange the empty bottles at Kmart, Big W. Or alternativly you order online, they send you two more and you post back the empties in the box provided. You can check for stores via this link.

http://www.sodastream.com.au/auretail/storelocator.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back