Gay marraige, Yay or Nay?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gay Marraige, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 106 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 74 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean sure, I'll probably have a huge wedding and stuff, but only so I can wear the big white dress.

CAN I BORROW YOUR DRESS???? Or be your brides maid - OH btw I am sure Grimbeny and I can pick out the best stripper for your Hen's night!!

Matt

Wow, we've somehow managed to offend every minority except muslims. :lol:

i am gay, the only difference it makes to me is if i die my de facto doesn't automatically inherit my super as what would happen in a straight relationship. i can declare this in my will tho. also, if i choose to have a child, i could rought the system and claim single parent income, or... i can get her (my partoner's) name on the birth cert legally. it is tho, much harder for us to get a morgage without being married. i really have no interest in a piece of paper declaring my love for anyone, especially from a church. that's my personally opinion for myself. i do believe that any person should be able to marry whoever they would like.... and john howard should burn in hell.

Wow, we've somehow managed to offend every minority except muslims. :lol:

a thread like this will always do that.....

everyone has their own opinions and and everyone is entitled to them.....

yay

I have, lets say an uncle who is gay. N i consider them both to be my uncles.

So meh, if your against it its pretty simple what it is. Prejudice.

I'm going to sound like a real bigot here... At what age can you accurately decided your sexuality? I see people 15 and 16 years old stating they are gay.. Nothing against them, I have the greatest respect for anyone that age that can take a stand against convention, but at 16 I was barely able to decided whether I should shave or not :)

I think it's decided at conception

Would you "Decide" to go through the hell that most gay people go through???

They are just like you and me, there is no decision about what sexuality they are,

ohh hang on! I might get a divorce and go get myself a girlfriend!!! mmmmmmmm??????

WOW there are more gay people on this site than I thought.

As you would all know so am I, I'm proud to be who I am and wouldn't change it for the world.

At the same time I love mardi gras, but its now a big party.. There is no reason to parade our sexuality anymore.

I don't personally have any thoughts of marriage, if someone wants to do it great. But I don't feel passionate about it either way.

I feel the same way about gay parents, i personally couldn't put a child through life with gay parents, as it would be extremely hard for them.. However again i don't support it and I wouldn't stop other people doing it.

I think we need to have a gay aps night. PM me if your interested.

This thread can get out of control if we let it. Please keep all comments clean there is no need to be homophobic or rude.

And people have rights to say nay without being yelled at. This is the point of the thread to get people's opinions.

I have two nieces who have known since they were about 7 I was gay, maybe didn't know what it was but they knew my de facto and also called him uncle.

They have met several boyfriends, and also get upset when i brake up with them.

So yeah, keep it clean and constructive. Its interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Kelly a little suprised by some of your comments.

So long it aint with me - i don't mind.

Personally lesbian relationships do nothing for me - it's just two girls I'm never going to have :p

i believe in it is free world to treat people as you would like to be treated,the freedom of speech etc etc but with marriage there is usually a product of marriage and that is children, educate me on how would these children grow up besides being harassed at school because there parents are not the standard couple. i ask this question because i would like to know, better to understand than to judge.

i voted nay... but not because I have a prejudice against gay people. Until I moved in with my missus 2 years ago, I lived with a friend of mine who was gay, and it didn't bother me one bit.

Probably the reson that I voted nay is becuase I simply don't see a need for any kind of marriage. My missus and I have been together for 2 and a half years, living together for 2... what's the point of spending thousands of dollars on an extravagant ceremony to get a piece of paper? At the end of the day, if she decided to leave me, she still gets half my stuff anyway.

We both love each other and both don't really see the need for some pretentious ceremony to declare to the rest of the world how we feel about each other. Personally i believe marriage complicates matters. I have an actual list of friends of mine, 8 names deep, who have been in long term relationships (i'm talking 8+ years) who were happy as larry, and then got married and split up a few months later.

If you're gay, you're gay. I don't necessarily believe it's a choice that people have the luxury of making, as I've seen first hand how difficult intolerant people can make things for gays.

I personally have no problems with what any one does , as long as they are happy then good for them .....

i believe in it is free world to treat people as you would like to be treated,the freedom of speech etc etc but with marriage there is usually a product of marriage and that is children, educate me on how would these children grow up besides being harassed at school because there parents are not the standard couple. i ask this question because i would like to know, better to understand than to judge.

I agree with you Kandi, thats why I would never have children. As much as I would love to.

However I would never impose my thoughts on someone else, if it makes them happy go for it.

My husband and I were together for 10 years before getting married, it just made us feel more connected in some way, I love it, it will be 2 years in Feb and if a gay couple would like that feeling then good on them!!!

And , no, a product of marriage isn't always children, i know of many straight married couples that never had children.

It's hard to believe it is 2007.

I am very surprised to see so many "Nay" votes. Are we living in the dark ages? This reminds me of people actually debating whether aboriginals should be able to vote.

G'day Kandi,

First of all, marriage and having children are two different things. Lots of have people have done one without doing the other, it's quite common.

Second of all, how is it any different to kids copping a ribbing about their parents being fat, hairy, asian, black, disabled, overprotective or driving a Volvo? Kids are going to cop a bit of crap at school no matter what.

Second of all, how is it any different to kids copping a ribbing about their parents being fat, hairy, asian, black, disabled, overprotective or driving a Volvo? Kids are going to cop a bit of crap at school no matter what.

It really sucked having a parent with a volvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back