Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete12

Reaction score
hi guys getting my snake next week but really want a gecko as well i need to know what a good firs one is and what the setup consists of thanks guys
Pete

Give people a chance to respond :). enclosure type depends on gecko type - the levis sub species can be kept in open top tanks, while other geckos can climb glass. Decide on a gecko type - maybe do a search on this site or another for gex and choose one which you like the look of and which is easy to care for - the threads should tell you that. Good luck.

Pete,
You will definitely need to follow Jens advice. Pick your beasties first as the enclosures will need to be very different for different species. Try GeckoDans website, it has some great pickies. Make a short list and then check out prices. Also consider where they naturally occur. If you get something local to your area you won't have to spend as much on enclosure costs like heating. When you find something you like and can afford, you can ask the folks here for specific advice on your chosen beasts. I have started with Lesueurs and am glad I did. They use the whole tank, including running along the underside of the lid!!

I wouldn't go straight for amyae in my opinion.
From my experience i would be suggesting either u.milii or n.levi for any first timer.
Simple to keep, breed and care for, and are far easier on the pocket than amyae.......better to learn with the basics than leap into the more involved species.

Levis levis are great, pretty, fairly active, easy feeders, and apparently easy breeders - will someone tell my trio that :)

hmmmm any thing cheaper its not that i would not like 1 just a bit out of my price range

marbleds can sometimes go for $20-$30 bynoes i got mine for $50 each and some diplodactylus for about $80-$90

These threads are a dime a dozen!!! Use the search funstion and type 'gecko' or simply run through old threads started by Saz. You'll get billions of threads!

Hornet is reffering to Christins marmoratus

ok so i want some marble's but what size cage :) i have a 4ft fushy tank but i think that would be to big wouldn't it

If a levis at $150 is out of your price range then i wouldn't be looking at amyae's they cost $500-$600 each.

hmmmm any thing cheaper its not that i would not like 1 just a bit out of my price range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back