Glass types for front - toughened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Researched into it a bit and it is possible to cut toughened glass.

This process requires an oven however at the bottom of the page a comment was made where someone did a different method without the oven.

How to Cut Tempered Glass | eHow.com

If you want toughened glass cut to size it is very easy, get the normal float glass cut to the correct size, get the edges polished then they do the tempering process, this way is cost effective so you don't have too worry about wasting time cutting the toughened glass.

wow, didnt expect to get anymore replies. Thanks heaps. I have finished making my first enclosure and working on the next one, so the glass is an important question.

The tracks I have are the Bunnings ones that allow for 4mm glass. I rang a local glass shop and they quoted me 50 dollars for enough toughened glass for my 4ft enclosure with polished edges an extra 20 dollars. They send it away to do the toughening. But I think I might go with the normal glass. At this stage, I only have plans for housing geckos so Im not sure that I will need toughened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back