Got my new enclosure, but i have a few issues with it! HELP PLEASE!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sand , as said earlier in the thread it gets in the tracks
and you end up feeding your woma a sandy rat.
paper is cheap and easy ,no it dosent look great but our snakes have never complained

yes, that would make sense.. my dog bowls have some rubber around the bottom that could be cut fit round that.

Sounds perfect! Sorry can't help with the sand, I've never kept womas. I use kitty's crumble for coastals, now kritters crumble (I've still got a bag that I'm using though).

Love the pic, the shape of the body is neat (something I've never noticed before).

i had never noticed it before either until i picked him up , they are really special animals. I think they are becoming my favourite :)

i use kritters crumble in my md, jungle and diamond enclosures, but as womas like to burrow i wanted to give him something different.

Im not to worried about the enclosure tracks as they can be vacuumed regularly, and the cage has a nice high lip on it (about 15cm), but the feeding has me concerned..

hey Sarah , if you are stuck on using sand you can put a slate tile on the ground at one end of the enclosure and use that as a feed area , also is good to have under heat source to keep heat through the night for a while if you turn it off then or can help keep the heat and save maybe a bit of power , anyway can show you what we do next time you are around

Is that a reptile one Saburra enclosure? The space up top is for uv light fittings and also fits the fan light. Instead of screwing it in the roof of the enclosure, you can just place it onto the mesh from the back, out of harms way. I have no issues with the fan laights, they are awesome but always uses a thermostat. Hope that helps
Oh and try wild crystal substrate or another sperical calcium based sand. These are specially made to be safe if ingested, and look amazing!

Last edited:
We use astro turf (maybe you can get it in red?). The bhp loves tunneling under it and creates a labyrinth. Then he gets on top and irons it all flat, then starts again! Easy to clean, remove & hose off! We keep 2 pieces the same size and just swap them over at cleaning time.

Is that a reptile one Saburra enclosure? The space up top is for uv light fittings and also fits the fan light. Instead of screwing it in the roof of the enclosure, you can just place it onto the mesh from the back, out of harms way.

It could be, i got it second hand of ebay, that would explain the space though... thanks for that info on the fan light!!

hey Sarah , if you are stuck on using sand you can put a slate tile on the ground at one end of the enclosure and use that as a feed area , also is good to have under heat source to keep heat through the night for a while if you turn it off then or can help keep the heat and save maybe a bit of power , anyway can show you what we do next time you are around

Thats a great idea! thanks heaps for all your help hun! You guys have been awesome! I should be over on thursday or friday, depending on hubby! Gotta feed worm the ratty tomorrow and see how he goes.

Hubby has baulked a bit on the price of the sand and the amount we would need to fill the enclosure, so I have thrown some Kritters Crumble in there for the time being.

We use astro turf (maybe you can get it in red?). The bhp loves tunneling under it and creates a labyrinth. Then he gets on top and irons it all flat, then starts again! Easy to clean, remove & hose off! We keep 2 pieces the same size and just swap them over at cleaning time.

Ill have to see if I can get that in red, could be worth a try, and as you said its very easy to clean.

yayayayaya! I am so proud of myself!!!!! I fixed the light all by myself!!!

I am very lucky that my house didnt burn down, there is charred melamine at the top of the enclosure, whether that happened whilst the enclosure was at my house or the previous owners I am unsure, but i think i am lucky that i got that "buzz" and noticed the fault either way.

I havent replaced the cage yet as I couldnt find any bigger ones... I will have to keep an eye out for one.

Thanks again for everyones help..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back