Gravid Bredli?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bredli, has been coiled up all day making movements which look like contractions, do pythons have contractions? if so how long should I expect that it will be before she lays?
Cheers

well she may be laying as im typing this post all you can do is just wait she may have a nice big clutch of eggs when you wake up in the morning lol

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it was a sign that she was due to lay soon or not, as this is my first experience with breeding pythons and i'd quite like to witness it.

Yes, they do have contractions, she should lay very soon. Have you got everything setup, ready to go?

Thanks MrBredli, yep, the incubators holding 30 degrees, have mixed my vermiculite. Do I need to put ant holes in the egg box for evaporation or anything?

I have 2 small holes (about 2mm each) in my incubation tub. Is there any condensation building up in the tub? If so, this needs to be wiped down daily until there is only the slightest mist forming. If there is heaps of condensation, then you might need to add more dry vermiculite to the mix before the eggs go in. I'd also bump the temp up to 31-31.5 degrees.

I have a video on you tube of my jungle laying. When I find the link I'll post it. Then you can see if your snake is having contractions or not.

So whats she doing now?

I have clearer videos of the jungle having acutal contractions as the eggs were moving down her body but they arent on youtube. I hope you get a rough idea of what the contractions look like though off the videos there... and now you will see what she is about to go through.... HOPEFULLY... :D

Yeah that's what she was doing earlier exept without the eggs I just went to check her before and still nothing, thanks for the vid Ashs_dreams, And thanks for the luck jessb!

don't worry how late in the season it is charlie, a freind of mine who lives in the coastal region of adelaide, his bredli's have just layed last week 13 eggs 2 slugs. 1st time they have bred, only a few years old. all the best of luck deano:|:?:):D:D:D

Good to know Deano thanks mate. I think she's really trying to annoy me, now she's just gone under the heat lamp for a bask, with no apparent intention of laying her eggs..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back