Gravid Bredli?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That one I can't help you with I'm sorry. If you're concerned about the vibration of a jigsaw, I could say try a hand saw... it would take a hell of a lot longer though. But you're left with basically two choices.. leave her with the eggs and just help as much as you can with a hide box and so forth, or cut it out. Either way, you've got the risk of losing an egg or two.

Sorry buddy. Good luck though. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks Grumpy ive decided i'll have to cut them out, she just too skinny. She's almost finished I think, there's about 20 odd now.

The vibration is fine as long as you do it quickly and straight away. I've done it a few times even when stuck on large plastic tubs.

I always use polystyrene now. You can get a large floor sheet cut to fit the enclosure just before laying, that way it doesn't matter where they lay.

Good Luck and Cheers

good luck charlie..thank god she laid, my nails can't get any shorter lol..

Thanks everyone, I cut them out and hopefully I did it quick enough. She managed to lay them about an inch away from the side of the enclosure, so it was a bit tricky.

Way to go honey. I'm glad it's all working out for you so far. Keep us updated as to how it's all going. It almost feels like she's everyones baby hahaha. I hope her condition picks up for you quickly too.

I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do.. you probably already know anyway.. but just in case.. don't forget to separate the dodgey looking egg. ;) You might be lucky and get a good one out of it.

Yeah I really wanted to seperate the dodgey egg but unfortunately it was right in the middle by the time she was finished, so i'll just keep an eye on them. I was really surprised there was only one dodgey looking egg out of the whole bunch, as it's her first clutch. Thanks everyone for your help and support, this site can be really awesome sometimes.

Congratulations Charlie, i'm glad she finally laid for you! Good luck with the incubation! :D

The Fun Has Just begun mate!! Well Done with everything. Keep up the good work - 1 Slug....thats great outta 20 eggs. hope they all hatch for ya.

Yeah I really wanted to seperate the dodgey egg but unfortunately it was right in the middle by the time she was finished, so i'll just keep an eye on them. I was really surprised there was only one dodgey looking egg out of the whole bunch, as it's her first clutch. Thanks everyone for your help and support, this site can be really awesome sometimes.

The advice was given to actually attempt to save those eggs that AREN'T bad. If that one egg is bad it can adversely affect the remaining eggs and send them bad as well. If you start to move the eggs out of the clutch (probably impossible but definitely recommended) you NEED to make sure you don't change the orientation (as mentioned previously) or you risk killing the embryos.

I wish you the best of luck. Definitely if you can possibly bring yourself to do it, remove that one bad looking egg and incubate in a separate tub.

The advice was given to actually attempt to save those eggs that AREN'T bad. If that one egg is bad it can adversely affect the remaining eggs and send them bad as well. If you start to move the eggs out of the clutch (probably impossible but definitely recommended) you NEED to make sure you don't change the orientation (as mentioned previously) or you risk killing the embryos.

I wish you the best of luck. Definitely if you can possibly bring yourself to do it, remove that one bad looking egg and incubate in a separate tub.

Yeah I realise that, but the problem was that the bad egg is in the middle of the clutch, and they are all stuck together, therefore there is no way of moving it.
Thanks Nelly

On that note, would it work if I was to stick a syringe into that egg and suck up all the yolk?

that might work but i cant say form personal exsperoance all i can say is congrats :)

congrats im so happy for you been really exciting keep us posted as everything progreses

well done charlie, 20 + eggs first time is great. best of luck thru the incubation period. looking forward to seeing photos of the extended family in a coulple of months. remember good things come to people that wait !!!!!!!! all the best deano ;)

well done charlie. 20+eggs first time fantastic. best of luck thru the incubation period. looking forward to seeing photos of the extended family in a coulple of months time. remember good things come to people that wait !!!!!! all the best deano ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back