Green Tree Prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Guess what I just heard... There's a war going on with Green Tree prices for juvies.. apparently if you dare undercut a certain South Australian Repltile dealer.. you get threatened... ohh err missus. so.. we're at $7,700... that's a bit rich hey?

I';m waiting until they drop down to a thousand... then I
ll sell mine for $500.... that's an ultimate deal

therat,
If you had GTP you wouldnt be waiting till they drop to $1000 before you bred them, thats just talking rubbish. Why would you refrain from breeding them because you are waiting for the market to crash? The way you said "then I'll sell mine for $500" indicates you have some already (highly unlikely seen as it seems you have no indication of what the species is worth).
If you did infact have them why wouldn't you sell them now at $7700 yourself?
Or if you are so determined to sell them at 1/2 the asking price like you stated then I will take 8 now for $3900 each.
Better yet sell them now for $500 each, crashing the market yourself & give every average Herper a chance to keep them.

Now I'm going to assume that by your statement you meant you are waiting till they go as low as $1000 before you even purchase some. Mate it will never happen, not in our life time anyway.

PS,
Also I dont think slandering a fellow enthusiast & retailer in a public forum is appropriate. Especially when you have NO proof of such activities occuring. You may have been fed garbage for all you know & you log on here throwing insult on mere hearsay.

As for a war, I am thinking maybe Pails should build a bigger fort.
Because if you think $7700 is rich im afraid what your feelings are towards Roy's $9800 asking price.

I agree with J&C in that it is rather poor form to spread slander on a public forum. Voice an opinion, sure. But there are ways to get your opinion across in a more gentlemanly and civilised manner.

He never mentioned who the breeder was, therefore it isnt really slander!

therat wrote
Guess what I just heard... There's a war going on with Green Tree prices for juvies.. apparently if you dare undercut a certain South Australian Repltile dealer.. you get threatened... ohh err missus. so.. we're at $7,700... that's a bit rich hey?

I';m waiting until they drop down to a thousand... then I
ll sell mine for $500.... that's an ultimate deal

Brodie_W
I am sure he left enough hints in his post.
The post therat wrote sounds more like a script written for a coles/meyer fiasco scene from a Mafia playwrite such as the Soprano's or Godfather lol

Therat,

Thats a very intresting post that you have place on a public forum my friend.
Now I am sure that we all would like to see you back this up with some evidence see that you have made this statement here.

All so how about signing your correct name at the end of it?

Regards Tim Mensforth

Gentlemanly behaviour: that which demonstrates good breeding, education and manners. Tim Mensforth, you sound like a gentleman to me.

Respectfully yours, Lily

The only thing I know about GTP's from SA is that Dorian as raving about the service he got from URS. And if they want to let just one more go at $7,700 I'll buy it!

Lily, thank you for your kind words I do appriciate it.

peterjohnson64, I do wish I had a lot more of them to sell mate we are getting that many emails and calls wanting them. I no there was quite a few sold not long ago some for $5000 and the others that were listed when for $6500 I even treid to purchase some of these but I missed out.

I do no there there is all so a couple of other breeder that have clutches that have just hatch and still in there incubators so i am sure that there will be some more for sale shortly for the people out here that want these pythons, and yes when talking to them there prices will be cheaper than what we sold them for and we don't give a stuff what any one else sells there reptiles for we only worry about what we do here.

Regards Tim

Sorry Tim, but the $5,000 ones are actually $7,000 if you want them feeding. Thats exactly your price because you had to give $700 to the government. So no, we aren't going to get them any cheaper than you are asking really.

Yes you are correct the $700 GST going to little Johny, all so about 0.30cent in every dollor we make goes to him at the end of the financial!!

Reagrds Tim

tim in your opinoin, how much and how fats do you think the prices will fall, i ask you because your in the know with the gtp's

URS said:
Yes you are correct the $700 GST going to little Johny, all so about 0.30cent in every dollor we make goes to him at the end of the financial!!

Reagrds Tim

Congrats Tim, that means you have a successful business, wanna change to an accountant who will happily get paid in reptiles!!

Oops, forgot to mention that I am betting that it will be somewhat more than 30% this year. sorry for the double post moderators.

Does anybody genuinely care what is said about them over the net?

GTP's are like buying plasma TV's, sure you can run out and own one now and have your left nut (or whatever part of your anatomy you'd like to sacrifice off lol) surgically removed to pay for it, or wait until you are old and decrepid and too frail to handle it hehehe

But seriously, slander over the net, what a joke. Some people need thicker skins.

All reptiles and native animals should be GST excempt... just like food! ;-) ;-)

I know of a couple of GTP breeders that are selling there animals cheaper than Tims and they have not had any threats about undercutting URS's prices. Unfortunately the animals are all sold....:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back