greentree python prices

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be an interesting turnaround in coming years. If the importation has been nippet in the butt as I believe it has, I wonder how many breeders will say next season "oh, I didn't bother breeding them this year, the prices are down ..." And I also wonder how many collections will get wiped out through diseases, not to mention inconveniences such as amoeba and trichomonas infestations.

i can't wait to point out the fact that a big 'breeder' who sells 100plus gtps each year for the last few years wont be selling any this year because the supply has dried up. he may have to breed his first legit one this year. ultimately, you will see what i mean!

Um, your not quite right there. Go to New Guinea and then bring one back through the airport, and I'll see you in about 2-5! Pfft....... a blind eye indeed!

poor,poor naive soul. it probably helps you sleep at night to think our borders are protected.

and to think that you actually believe there are penalties, how quaint.

yeah it will be rather interesting to see how it all goes.

I'd have to agree Waterrat. You seem to be more in the know than I am, but the absolute numbers that are out there now is crazy. Not a lot of it hits the internet, but when you have people contacting you saying you can have as many 2.5 year olds as you want at $1000 each...there's a lot of them out there.

I'll have a couple thanks..............:lol::lol::lol:;)

i cant see GTP's being smuggled in the same numbers anymore, the money just isnt there.... wait and see how many jags will start hitting the shores in the next 12 months!

i cant see GTP's being smuggled in the same numbers anymore, the money just isnt there.... wait and see how many jags will start hitting the shores in the next 12 months!

Know something we don't? ;)

i can't wait to point out the fact that a big 'breeder' who sells 100plus gtps each year for the last few years wont be selling any this year because the supply has dried up. he may have to breed his first legit one this year. ultimately, you will see what i mean!

Haha, yep, he'll have to hope a heap of newbies to the hobby start buying more of his parasite infested wild stuff/ new to the hobby locality animals again to make up for the lost $$$. If we are talking about the same germ that is.

yes i was told it was due to a heap of unhealthy imports hitting the market cheap and then dying that brought the prices down but they will return to a higher price once the scare wears off?

yes i was told it was due to a heap of unhealthy imports hitting the market cheap and then dying that brought the prices down but they will return to a higher price once the scare wears off?

i doubt any imports were unhealthy, but when they get into the hands of the "breeders" , well it's all down hill from there.

there are heaps on the herptrader at the moment quite cheap............

I love snakes, but I'll NEVER dish out $1000 bucks for anything!! Not worth it IMO. Nothing is worth $1000 smackers! Albino's....whatever! Someone on here offer me a GTP for $1000 and I swear to god I'll still turn it down! The fact is, this is a small interest hobby, the market has become saturated with people trying to off-load these snakes because when they entered into the market 4 or 5 yrs ago they cost and arm and a leg. Not so these days! Why pay $5k+ when you know they've been sold for as little as $1800 in recent times. But hey, Call me a cheap-skate! :lol:

I love snakes, but I'll NEVER dish out $1000 bucks for anything!! Not worth it IMO. Nothing is worth $1000 smackers! Albino's....whatever! Someone on here offer me a GTP for $1000 and I swear to god I'll still turn it down! The fact is, this is a small interest hobby, the market has become saturated with people trying to off-load these snakes because when they entered into the market 4 or 5 yrs ago they cost and arm and a leg. Not so these days! Why pay $5k+ when you know they've been sold for as little as $1800 in recent times. But hey, Call me a cheap-skate! :lol:

Show me an albino Water Python and you'll quickly see thousands of dollars being waved around in my hand! :lol:

that wont be far off Sdaji the way things are going in aus,everything albino is coming!

I admit i would love to pay $1000 for a chondro,BUT i would prefer to pay more and buy from a reputable breeder,and someone that i trust...With 2000 illegal chondros on our streets,its no wonder the prices have fallen quite substantial over the years...IMO its sad,especially the breeders that have spend a arm and leg for their breeding stock years ago.I gather they still make some $$$ back,but take out the electricity,rodents,cages and any vet visits,you barely break even...Some ppl are just trying to earn a few $$ but when theres a heap of illegal snakes on the streets,it makes it hard...

I admit i would love to pay $1000 for a chondro,BUT i would prefer to pay more and buy from a reputable breeder,and someone that i trust...With 2000 illegal chondros on our streets,its no wonder the prices have fallen quite substantial over the years...IMO its sad,especially the breeders that have spend a arm and leg for their breeding stock years ago.I gather they still make some $$$ back,but take out the electricity,rodents,cages and any vet visits,you barely break even...Some ppl are just trying to earn a few $$ but when theres a heap of illegal snakes on the streets,it makes it hard...

i think you'll find alot of those who spent big money have made it back several times by supplying the paperwork to launder the 2000 animals.

but while you are feeling sorry for people, what about all those who have spent good money on aussie stuff like perthensis and wellsei, and wheeleri, just to have hundreds sent from the Pilbara to brisbane for laundering.

and the launderers never get busted cause they are informants and are given the green light.

might be a bit off the subject.
i was inquiring about some clarification from a GTP breeder who stated that their animals where "Aussie" GTP's and the thier animals where DNA'ed thus proving so.
the reply i received left a bit to be desired, infact i would have to say the claims made and the info i recieved in the email boarded on false advertising.
having a bit of experience in DNA testing, i understand that by DNA'ing their animals they can trace the offspring and blood line
of the animals THEY BREED, however as they do not have DNA from guaranteed Aussie GTP's to compare theirs with, i do not see how the claim of genuine Aussie GTP's and be made..
any thoughts

Carpetmuncher you are hilarious.. Like in an old cop movie, the crazy cynic with the wicked conspiracy theories haha. Good reading!

I would prefer to pay bigger bucks for certified Aussie GTPs not the overseas scum... And if they happened to breed albino BHPs I'd probably pay through my nose for that too.

might be a bit off the subject.
i was inquiring about some clarification from a GTP breeder who stated that their animals where "Aussie" GTP's and the thier animals where DNA'ed thus proving so.
the reply i received left a bit to be desired, infact i would have to say the claims made and the info i recieved in the email boarded on false advertising.
having a bit of experience in DNA testing, i understand that by DNA'ing their animals they can trace the offspring and blood line
of the animals THEY BREED, however as they do not have DNA from guaranteed Aussie GTP's to compare theirs with, i do not see how the claim of genuine Aussie GTP's and be made..
any thoughts

If this breeder is the breeder I'm thinking off and is the same breeder that the GTP's I have here came from I can honestly say they are 2nd to non and are true Aussie's. You only need to look at them to no (if you no what your looking at) as they are just simply stunning in colour and have no imperfection's unlike some others I have seen ;)

Lewy

i've seen some of these animals and i do not doubt they are good looking animals.
i question the "Aussie GTP "claim.
i have spoken to many GTP breeders both large and small and none have ever claimed to have genuine Aussies, in fact their honesty on the unknown origin of their animals is quite up front and the majority have said that it is impossible to garentee geniune Aussies and then they sprout the history of the captive aussie GTP .
these people have stunning GTP and as i previously said it's not the beauity i an questioning it is the "genuine Aussie cliam"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back