Grrrr!! Bloody cats!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
60kg?!?! For a bullmastiff sounds ridiculously overweight. Perhaps you should stop leaving catnip in the middle of the yard to entice the cats in...
I used to breed Bull Mastiffs, one of my fully matured Bull Mastiff stud dogs tipped the scale at 60kg my Bitches used to be around 45-50 kg my other stud dogs were around 50-55kg they were all muscle not an ounce of fat :) English Mastiffs are often 60 kg though :) heh heh heh mind you its been 15 years since I bred them so perhaps things have changed :)
heh heh heh mine loved cats though actually they loved anything except people trying to tresspass onto the property in our absence.

Last edited:
my 60kg bull mastiff makes light work of any cat that strays into the back yard. council said there is nothing cat owners can do because the cat entered my yard. try baiting my dog and you will end up like your cat. keep them contained!!!

Wow.... talk about a chip on your shoulder :shock: Yes, but if your 60 Kg bull mastif gets out and kills a child, someone elses dog, cat whatever... I hope you will be prepared for the consequences ;)

people with attitudes like yours tend to give 'aggressive' breeds of dog and thier owners a bad name, and that attitude is what is making it harder, if not impossible for people to own certain types of bull dogs.

Pull your head in mate.

Go ahead... I got my flame proof suit on :rolleyes:

Wow.... talk about a chip on your shoulder :shock: Yes, but if your 60 Kg bull mastif gets out and kills a child, someone elses dog, cat whatever... I hope you will be prepared for the consequences ;)

people with attitudes like yours tend to give 'aggressive' breeds of dog and thier owners a bad name, and that attitude is what is making it harder, if not impossible for people to own certain types of bull dogs.

Pull your head in mate.

Go ahead... I got my flame proof suit on :rolleyes:
I must say I took what cstone said as giving Bull Mastiffs more of a bad reputation.... I owned and bred the breed for 16 years and in that time I never had one savage dog they were around all manner of animals and young children. In saying this they have a natural guarding instinct, being that they will guard and protect their "family/property" My dogs never harmed another animal or child at any time on the property however come dark or we were not home then they did on one occasion "hold" an intruder till we got home..... I might add the intruder was merely bruised and very unhappy(local naughty teen) It is terrible when people breed a savage strain of a breed or people help magnify a natural instinct in an irresponsible manner :( One of my last Bull Mastiff Bitches was still guarding at a wreckers in Nth QLD any-one can walk in there during the day but at night she is on duty.... her and her cat buddies lol

I used to breed Bull Mastiffs, one of my fully matured Bull Mastiff stud dogs tipped the scale at 60kg my Bitches used to be around 45-50 kg my other stud dogs were around 50-55kg they were all muscle not an ounce of fat :) English Mastiffs are often 60 kg though :) heh heh heh mind you its been 15 years since I bred them so perhaps things have changed :)
heh heh heh mine loved cats though actually they loved anything except people trying to tresspass onto the property in our absence.

Fair enough. I only know a couple of bull mastiffs, all female, and they're around 35-40kg.

I hear of dogs eating cats who stray over fences every now and then through my work - we also get the odd cat carried in by a distraught family who just heard a "pop" and realised their cat got run over two doors down.
And I can't say I have much sympathy - other than to offer tissues and some gentle advice.
Words like "we loved our cat - he never strayed much, until the dog down the street ate him" just doesn't make sense to me.
To me, if your cat is down the street - it's called WANDERING (and probably killing bucket loads of wildlife on the way) - and wandering animals can, and do - get killed.

I have two lazy cats - and they are inside - except for a completely enclosed catmax-type run down the south side of the house.
Cos that's what you do - when you want to own a cat.
You desex it, and keep it inside!!!!

Fair enough. I only know a couple of bull mastiffs, all female, and they're around 35-40kg.
Ohhh it's like Boxers(I used to show and breed those for a bit too) you get different strains, The continentals were far heavier than the American or Australian lines this is all going back a long time though these days you can get quite heavy Australian lines.... I might not have liked cstone's post much, but his Bull Mastiff could very well have been 60kg :)

I dont care how heavy his dog is.... thats not my point. One of the nicest dogs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, was in Canberra, it was a Pitbull, female, black with a white bib. Her name was Crystal, believe it or not. It was the gentlest dog, and one of the most intelligent and friendly.... and til the day she died, she never bit anyone or was ever in any trouble. But people in the streets when we took her for a walk, were terrified of her.....

I just dont think comments like 'my dog will eat your cat, and you if you try to poison my dog" are very sensible to try to gain public empathy and be able to keep beautiful specimens of 'viscious dog'......

Watch out it isnt you if it ever snaps......

I own 1 cat and my parents own 2 dogs(Alaskan Malamutes) and I can tell you, the Malamutes kill more native wildlife then my cat. We live on a couple of acres and tend to get field mice come inside(naughty little buggers) and my cat just watches them, she runs over to them and then stands there, not sure what to do next. My hatchie beardie sits on her, and she doesnt care. 1 of my parents Malamutes have killed 3 possums(strayed into her yard), 1 Blue Tongue(baby, again, strayed into her yard), and a few feral rabbits. However the other Malamute has killed 2 kangaroos(got out), 2 beardies(got out), 2 possums(one being a ringtail) and rabbits. I personally am more of a INDOOR cat lover than a dog lover, only due to this reason, those dogs have killed so much wildlife....
My parents have of course made their fences higher/electrified and they have put the wire/concrete into the ground so they cant dig out but they have still killed wildlife, it just... saddens me :(

I dont care how heavy his dog is.... thats not my point. One of the nicest dogs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, was in Canberra, it was a Pitbull, female, black with a white bib. Her name was Crystal, believe it or not. It was the gentlest dog, and one of the most intelligent and friendly.... and til the day she died, she never bit anyone or was ever in any trouble. But people in the streets when we took her for a walk, were terrified of her.....

I just dont think comments like 'my dog will eat your cat, and you if you try to poison my dog" are very sensible to try to gain public empathy and be able to keep beautiful specimens of 'viscious dog'......

Watch out it isnt you if it ever snaps......

I get the same as well, with my rotti x and dobe x kelpie, both of which are absolutely lovely, will break your feet by standing on them, but wouldn't hurt a fly. The mongrel (probably ridgie x, from pigging lines) is the gentlest soul to everything on the planet, except other dogs. He's got a huge fear aggression issue, and as much as I hate it, sometimes the easiest way to get OTHER PEOPLE's dogs under control is to say things along those lines. I've lost count of the amount of times when we've been accosted while out walking by an out of control dog, the owner 50m away yelling "it's okay, he's friendly!" These days they get the response of "That's great, MINE'S NOT!!"
Mine's always on lead, so legally not at fault, but you can bet your backside he'd still get the blame because he's 40+ kg.
And that doesn't affect my earlier comment that all my dogs are well trained etc. They are, and are fine with every other animal, but my big boy is terrified of other dogs, and does react violently to them if they get too close. We're working on it, but baby steps...

mastiff and it didnt go in the gutter,lol

dogs can feel threatened when restrained and approached by other dogs,renders them unable to back away

we had a rotty similar to how u describe your ridgey cross,we just muzzled her to be an the safe side,generally she was fine,but more concern when other dogs off lead approached,sometimes they arent so friendly and alot of folk have no control of there dogs,lol

I hear of dogs eating cats who stray over fences every now and then through my work - we also get the odd cat carried in by a distraught family who just heard a "pop" and realised their cat got run over two doors down.

wandering dogs get run over to

Last edited:
love your feedback guys, but one thing alot of you should know already being responsible adults is never assume anything untill you know the full story, which im not getting into because stiring the pot makes for great reading.:D

aww how cute lol

Attachments

• P9130138.jpg
    P9130138.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
love your feedback guys, but one thing alot of you should know already being responsible adults is never assume anything untill you know the full story, which im not getting into because stiring the pot makes for great reading.:D

aww how cute lol
Aaawww makes me want to get back into breeding Bull Mastiffs again, Truly love the Breed :)

Aaawww makes me want to get back into breeding Bull Mastiffs again, Truly love the Breed :)

saved the big boofhead from the pound he was due to be put down the next day. knowing the liklyhood of someone adopting such a large dog was very unlikly i couldnt let the unthinkable happen to him so we took him home.

well gloating bout your 60 kg dog mauling kittys that go in your yard then threatening anyone that trys to bait it with the same as the cats cop doesnt sound overly mature,let alone being a responsible adult,whats one sposed to assume when that gets posted

i guess unless one went to assumption college they shouldnt assume

hes a nice looking boofhead,looks in good shape

Dogs CLEARLY don't have the same natural hunting predatory instincts that cats do...

[video=youtube;qvkXUsvAuHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvkXUsvAuHk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Oh actullay I just like Dogs better! Who cares about all that other stuff

fangs01 - Aww what a cute cat :)

mmafan555 - lol funny vid, however I do feel sorry for the mongoose :p
I personally am not a dog lover over cats or cats over dogs. I like them both, of course I have my favourite species of cats/dogs :)
That is a good dog, if it was my parents dogs, that mongoose would be a rag in the dirt unfortunately.
Most dogs I have met have been natural born hunters/killers, it is just natural for them. Same with cats, most I have met have been killers, again its just natural. I think that people see dogs and cats as being domesticated but truelly.... they aren't, they still have their natural instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back