GTP's $5000

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats bait advertising. I've studied the TPA and no-one would risk buying a non feeder. and I thought Moosenoose got it right but it turns out to be a totally different product. No wonder he is staying out of it. He's probably the seller under a blind trust!!!

I would rather take the chance with 6 straight from the egg than 3 already feeding if it would cost me the same. What about everyone else?

It's not bait advertising as he is selling the advertised animals at the advertised price. It would be bait advertising if he was not selling non-feeders, only feeders for which he was charging $6000 :)

Sorry if I sounded like I was having a go at the guy. I knew it wasn't bait advertising. I was just trying to inflame moosenoose... If I knew how to do those smiley face thingys I would have used some of them.

Has anyone seen that show called Dragons Den? I watched it last night. People were giving them business proposals and then they bargained for an amount of cash and percentage of the company.

One bloke had a tent that was pitched on a stretcher bed and could be used on rough uneven surfaces. He needed $50,000 and offered them 15% of the company. They offered him $75,000 and wanted 80% of the company. I think they robbed him, but he took the deal.

This is how you could get your GTP or albino carpets or a whole collection of top end animals for that matter.

give him a ring and you will see, that he is just getting the people that want them to call him, they may have hatched but i dont think they have, but he isnt taking the money yet, hes just getting a waiting list happening. probably he's first yr breeding them so no body knows he has them.

Jason said:
give him a ring and you will see, that he is just getting the people that want them to call him, they may have hatched but i dont think they have, but he isnt taking the money yet, hes just getting a waiting list happening. probably he's first yr breeding them so no body knows he has them.

Hi Jason,

Actually, he has bred them for a few years now, he is well known by many, particularly in NSW.
He doesn't have many more than a dozen or so egg's and they will be hatching around Xmas time.
Apparently he will be selling a few straight from the egg at $5k, most will be $6-7k feeding.
To be honest, I was surprised to see them advertised before they are hatched, because as we all know, you should count your hatchies before they hatch, particularly GTP's! LOL!
This being the case, maybe none will go for $5K, who knows.

Caveman said:
Has anyone seen that show called Dragons Den? I watched it last night. People were giving them business proposals and then they bargained for an amount of cash and percentage of the company.

One bloke had a tent that was pitched on a stretcher bed and could be used on rough uneven surfaces. He needed $50,000 and offered them 15% of the company. They offered him $75,000 and wanted 80% of the company. I think they robbed him, but he took the deal.

This is how you could get your GTP or albino carpets or a whole collection of top end animals for that matter.

Caveman,
Yes, I saw the 'Dragons den' last night, I thought that it has the makings of a great series, I love seeing peoples inventions and idea's.
I agree it seemed pretty harsh to give that more young fella 20% of the profits after all the work he put into it, however at least future developments and expenses will be paid mainly by the Dragons, and with the worldwide contacts and expertise and knowledge they have, 20% sounds pretty good at the end of the day.

Neil

Its not unusual to be loved by anyone,
Its not unusual to have GTPs sold before they hatch.
Its not unusual to see me cry

if he is well known im surprised he doesnt have a waiting list. i have to agrre that they would sell fast even when the hatch so there was no real need to advertise. to be honest it would be interesting to see how many members actually have gtp's surely there is a few of you but i know you wont tell.

Why not count your chickens,(snakes), before they hatch?, I do.

The Rock said:
Why not count your chickens,(snakes), before they hatch?, I do.

Hi Rock,

From my experience and that of others that have predicted exactly what will eventuate and hatch, it doesn't always happen.

Some reasons as to why might include:

Infertile egg (experienced will candle and pick up on this, many won't).

Hatchling goes full term, but has a genetic defect and dies in egg(Even if you pip it).

Twins inside of egg (Bonus, but if you counted 10 and got 11, then you would have counted your chickens/egg's wrong! LOL! :lol: .

Incubator thermostat problem or power fails when you aren't around and you loose them all.

Lastly, alot of experienced people have had problems incubating GTP egg's and have lost some or all of the clutch.

cheers Neil

The breeder of these Chondros quite often advertises before eggs are hatched because he's confident in what he can achieve. He's bred Chondros several times in the past and probably has more of an idea about incubating Chondro eggs now. He's well known in NSW but likes to keep a low profile and doesnt want all the attention(something many, including myself respect about him).

He probably does have a waiting list for these animals, but many people back out at the last minute so it's best to continue advertising.

I was fortunate enough to see his last seasons babies and was impressed by them, and was also very tempted to purchase one. I would buy one straight from the egg because i have complete confidence that i could get it feeding and raise it.

yeah hes a great guy, I had the pleasure of meeting and seeing his beautiful animals. would recommend him as a breeder/seller to anyone.

I was fortunate enough to see his last seasons babies and was impressed by them

any red? to be honest i would actually happily get a red one just curious if he has any.

not from last seasons that I saw just the beautiful little yellow guys. :):)

HI
just had a look at roy pails site he has them at $9800 i think Stuarts are a good price and are nice snake as well
Mick

yellos are very nice, but i like the red ones two, i would like to get one of each to add alittle variety. either way you would end up with red hatchies if you bred them.

I would buy one of these things in a minute except that I know it would die on me. I think I need to prove to myself I can handle lots of baby snakes first.

peterjohnson64 said:
I think I need to prove to myself I can handle lots of baby snakes first.

Handle as in "hold"? Or handle as in "take care of" :?

I dont think you'll be handling any baby Chondros that you may purchase, else they just may die, through stress or injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back