GTP's $5000

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, shoul dhave said that I would want to have proven that I can sucessfully raise virtually 100% of baby snakes in my care before I would fork out this much cash. It like giving a formula 1 car to a novice. Definite crash at first corner.

yer i would be worried bout dishing out the dosh to have it die, i think most keepers would be ok with them to be honest, cause we all know they need special need and we would probably be fusy, making sure every thing is perfect. i would love to see some red ones in the flesh, some of the pics look great. still a fan of the yellows though

Brodie W why is it most of your posts are to rag on some one you dont know
or there prices dosn't suit you if you have nothing nice to say in a post keep it to your self ,the person with theise happens to be a well known breeder in NSW and not a go out and catch them type like you get esle where with northen spieces maybe you can email him insted of putting him down all he is doing is letting the herp communitty know that theise hard to get snake will be avalible soon not like others prommising that there will be heap for sale soon at discount price

From what I have read on here before, aren't pure oz greens meant to only have yellow babies? Therefore if he has had reds hatch out he doesn't have pure aussies as he is advertising

I am willing to sell some GTP hatchies for $1000. The only catch is, you wont get it for about 4 years.
All I have to do is convince at least 10 ppl to hand over a grand, then I can buy a pair of these GTP's and breed them and hand over the offspring. Sound good? It does to me :lol:

NCHERPS, yes I know of all the variables but once you have ironed out all the problems that can occur, you can and will have a 100 percent hatch rate or so close to it its not funny and in most cases it will be a bonus,(twins), that will put the numbers off a little. Have confidence my friend confidence. This will be my 4th season with a 100 pecent hatch rate of what I know will hatch and Im confident saying that with the first clutch of the season,(bhps), still a week or two from hatching.
Had 1 slug this year from a hypo carpet, the first one Ive seen in 3-4 seasons. Mind you looking back thru my records she has yet to recive the supplement I use which seems to help eliminate any slugs.

YES ROCK ,
i agree with you ,
those breeders who have variable hatch rates of less than 100% ,
should examine there incubation techniques etc ,
its not dificult to have 95 % and above hatch percentages ,

Roger
JUNGLE FREAK

From what I have read on here before, aren't pure oz greens meant to only have yellow babies? Therefore if he has had reds hatch out he doesn't have pure aussies as he is advertising

yer thats whats said, pure ozzies are ment to only give yellow babies, but imo the majority if gtp's in australia probably arent ozzies so why worry about it? there is nothing that we can do, they are here so we may aswell enjoy them cause they arent illegal, there still on liscence and i dont think they can be tested to see if they are ozy's. at the end of the day a green is a green and if it is half the price your crazy to care. jmo, whats yours?

serpenttongue said:
As far as i'm aware, aussie chondros can have red babies.

According to 'David Wilson'(ANU) who has been studying GTP's in Iron range for the past 3 years+, all australian GTP hatchlings are yellow.

it would be great to be able to clear this up about ozy greens with red babies, cause i have heard that they can and they cant have red babies. does any body have any evidence to support either. i personally think they only have yellow mainly cause that seems to be what most people think and im goin with the majority. would be good to finally know.

the true ozzy greens bred by Joe and Rob Bredle some 20 years ago were all yellows as hatchlings from memory , i saw the clutch first hand .
cheers
jungle freak

the true ozzy greens bred by Joe and Rob Bredle some 20 years ago were all yellows as hatchlings from memory , i saw the clutch first hand .

but does that mean that ozzies CANT have red babies, cause all that means is that in those clutches there wasnt red babies?as seen, URS has a blue one and im pretty sure thats genatically blue so who is to say that they cant produce genetically red, unless the blue isnt an ozzy?

As we all know PNG and OZ was once connected land before rising sea levels. The bottom of PNG (Daru?) and the top of Australia (Cape York) shared & still shares many animal species of Birds, Reptiles etc.
We all know GTP was & is still found locally in both these areas (PNG & OZ) as we just learnt or already knew lol it was all connecting land at some point. Of course as with all species locality differences exists.

So how does anyone ACCURATELY define an OZ GTP?
And according to WHO'S rules/laws does this definition have to adhere to?

If you answered AUSTRALIAN COURTS!
than GTP that are currently in Australian collections these days are DEEMED Australian by the courts, it does not specifically mean they are from the Iron range. They may well be PNG but through the eyes of the law they are deemed Australian...

Good luck finding TRUE Iron range OZ GTP. I believe they are just as rare in USA/UK collections as well. Merauke GTP, which they believe is as close to Iron range GTP as you can get is all thats available to my knowledge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back