Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonchristie

Reaction score
im looking at getting some geckos soon as was wondering what geckoes can live in harmony together. im in wa so im limited to
Tree Dtella
Binoe’s Gecko
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Spinytailed Gecko
Three-lined Knob-tailed Gecko
Marbled Velvet Gecko
Thick-tailed Gecko

So what geckos can live in the same enclosure? how many male-females etc?
or will i need to have seperate enclosures for different species?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Best to keep them seperate, in fact, it's even better to keep the males seperate from the females to reduce long term problems, though it's possible to keep them together. Males will "service" multiple females, though with every extra gecko added, increases: the tanks stress levels, the possibility of spreading parasites, and the chances of something going wrong. I now keep my levis in females pairs, and males on their own, males are introduced during late winter / early spring for a week or two.

I would agree with Jason, one species per cage although I maintain all of my pairs and trios together all year round for all species. Personal choice really, I see no health issues with it.

all of those geckos should be kept in species only enclosures altho that said i have seen a decent sized display exoterra enclosure with binoes geckos being the terestrial component and southern spiny tails the aboreal component although i do not recomend this

as far as your first gecko i recomend ither nephrurus levis or barking geckos on that list as nither of these can climb so they arnt great escape artists and are easy as to keep and breed

Gee i thought we would see that Amyae and Levis pic in this thread showing how mixed geckos get on LOL

As long as your enclosure is large enough and has the necessary hiding spots and vertical branches etc. the bynoes and spiny-tails will get along fine as adults. Depends if you want a big, attactive display enclosure or if you want to focus on breeding really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back