Has anyone else used this 'trick'?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysseee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of trouble getting my yearling Pygmy python to eat and they are notoriously tricky once they stop. I tried everything I have ever researched but for some reason the most simple thing was the last I tried! For about a week I bumped up her heat and put her in a click clack covered by a towel so she was in complete darkness (with her favourite hide and water of course) and wallah after a few tries she took the fuzzy no problem! I'm ecstatic but wish I had of read that tactic on here somewhere earlier. Has anyone else had luck with is and any guesses why?

Yeah I have but not with a Pygmy python. Good stuff good on ya!

Cheers Brenton

It's always interesting to read others experiences with species that differ from my own. I cannot even fathom the mere possibility that my pygmy's would refuse food. They are the most verocious eating machines I have ever encountered. I am certain that if I continued to ofer pinkies one after the other, they would eat until they exploded! Thanks for sharing the tip on how you got yours eating again. If the improbable occurs, I'm sure I'll try that first :D

How are you offering the fuzzy? Actively dangling it or just left there?

I always wriggle it around and try everything but she was just not interested. Even the breeder told me when they hatch it takes months to get them eating regularly. I'm just happy she has something in her belly before she got too skinny!

I have a friend with one and OMG its a nasty little NOMMMER hehe
everytime you dangle some food in BHAM its gone

heaps of attitude for a little fella
love em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back