Hatchling Anthills

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

Reaction score
Hello from Canada. Just wanted to post these pics of hatching A. perthensis. I thought it might be of interest to some. I hatched two clutches last week. They may be small but they are incredible pythons. Thanks for looking
931dscn1752-med.jpg

931dscn1756-med.jpg

:)

Very cute! :eek: Very similar in pattern to the spotted python.

oh, and welcome to the site, Don. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi Don and welcome

They're fantastic. We don't hear much about these on our site. What do you plan to feed them - it must be real small. Did you hatch them in an incubator or with the mother. How many were in each clutch.

G 8)

Great pictures Don. You have the right time for hatching in Canada. We have to wait for another 6 months.

I think the patterning is said to resemble the stimmie? Something I seem to remember reading.
Very Very jealous Don :(

You are so lucky I would love an anthill python, but I have been told they are very rare.
cheers

Not too rare in the wild brodie - on some of my field trips to the pilbara this species can be the most common python found.

Anthills

Thanks for the kind comments. Outside of Australia ther are fairly rare. I would not doubt they are as common as westaussie says, they are tough and very hardy little animal. Are they uncommon as captives in aussie, and is western australia relaxing there laws for keeping native herps? I thought I read that somewhere. Anyway non of you guys have the right to be jelous as you live with the most amazing herps on earth! Diamonds in your sheds, does life get any better.

Don't worry Don, we are all jealous of Graham as well :?

:p Congrats on the new arrivals don,they are still very rare in captivity in australia so im sure you will get a lot of questions bout them.How long are the adults?& what do you start them feeding on? :p
cheers popp

I JUST LOVE THE GLOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back