He is still at it

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...i went to the bank to see what they could do to help , they told me that i had to go to the department of fair trades to get my money back

...that sounds like a dodgy bank!
Which bank is that?

I would not want to use a bank that is not willing to protect me/help me.

I've also contacted office fair trading in past and they said they "can only act as a mediator cause they have no power to enforce anything..."

That's when I turn to my bank to get my money back and it worked in less than 48 hours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am amazed this thread is still here.

Pleasantly amazed, but still...

I've been seeing his picture all over Facebook... Where is this guy from?
He'll mess with the wrong person eventually, karma will bite his butt!

Im with wrightpython, I once had a little smuck hassle my daughter, he didnt last long when I found out where he lived, even the boys in blue were sorta understanding :)

if it happened to me, and I had his address wew ould be having a cuppa tea n biscuits and chatting bout some stuff,,,,,
juss seems alittle long winded that if he has been doing all of this for so long and nothing has been done, i find this whole thing somewhat weird......IMO

Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves the world is full of them.

The lesson here is to protect yourselves ... never ever hand over animals until you FEEL the full cash payment in your sweaty little palm

Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves the world is full of them.

The lesson here is to protect yourselves ... never ever hand over animals until you FEEL the full cash payment in your sweaty little palm

i couldnt agree more it amazes me that people can be so stupid these days i mean it solves every problem cash in your hand goods leave your hand people who dont do this deserve to get ripped off IMO

ZsaZsaGaboa , not doubting what your saying but have you ever been through a dispute like this , only ask because when i ordered a heap of goods from a guy over the net which never came and contact with him stopped , i went to the bank to see what they could do to help , they told me that i had to go to the department of fair trades to get my money back

As I said earlier, I did and the bank were great about it. Especially when I could provide them with receipt details and correspondance with the seller.

I think if I ever end up in a situation like that I would have a receipt book of some sort where both parties sign to say what has changed hands. It may not stop you being ripped off but at least you have proof for the police etc.

As I said earlier, I did and the bank were great about it. Especially when I could provide them with receipt details and correspondance with the seller.

I think if I ever end up in a situation like that I would have a receipt book of some sort where both parties sign to say what has changed hands. It may not stop you being ripped off but at least you have proof for the police etc.
as i said i wasn't doubting them , thats what i thought was supposed to happen , but commonwealth told me that they couldn't do anything about it because i did it via direct bank deposit which i though was odd , i didn't end up having to take any sort of action as once i told the seller i was going to the department of fair trades i got my money back (mind you it was after weeks of hassling him for it ) and i did have the receipt of the deposit plus a few other things

Not sure about direct deposit but I would have thought it was the same as my credit card being used. I'm with St George. I wasn't suggesting that you doubted people either just you asked had they done it personally and I was just saying yes I did with good results. Although it is something I am unsure of as far as does the payment method affect the banks authority? I don't think it should.

My understanding is that if you use a credit card to pay, the bank will help you with unauthorised transactions or transactions where you didn't get the goods. If you deposit the money directly into someone else's account, it gets dicey.

I've never actually used an escrow service and don't know what the fees involved would be, but that might be something to look into for situations where you can't meet the seller in person.

i couldnt agree more it amazes me that people can be so stupid these days i mean it solves every problem cash in your hand goods leave your hand people who dont do this deserve to get ripped off IMO

That's a bit harsh. No one deserves to be ripped off. That's as good as saying that it's acceptable to have rip-off artists operating in society. Having said that, common sense helps you avoid becoming a target.

Yes, it is ideal to conduct the transaction in person. It's not always possible. In the upcoming season I will be looking for a male stimmie hatchling that's not from Snake Ranch. They are not easy to find and I will have no choice but to freight. I'll certainly be doing my homework, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back