Heat/fan lamp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh k we have a wooden floor as well. We just bury ours under the walnut shells which we use in our tank and have never had a problem

We only use newspaper with her. Her have been having problems with her vent, and newspaper and paper towel have been low irritant.

I dont think a heat mat under a bunch of dry newspaper would be the best thing for her lol

I have put a relatively thick glass plate, designed to be used with candles beneath her heat rock so none of the paper gets too hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always been very worried about this and fuss constantly over the heat rock that I have in with mine, which is again due to the fact that I don't think I could fit in a lights to keep her hot over night and you cannot get night versions of the fan light. Initially I was allowing her to cool overnight and just had the fan light in, but was recommended by the vet to keep her warm over night too, so the rock was added.

I think it may be my project with weekend to try and get a normal light/ceramic to fit as I have not been happy with her heating for a while and have been stressing about it.

How large is your cage? I had the same sort of issue and found a perfect little safety cage to go round a small ceramic bulb. I swear my stimi has never been happier :)

How large is your cage? I had the same sort of issue and found a perfect little safety cage to go round a small ceramic bulb. I swear my stimi has never been happier :)

A small ceramic would be wonderful. What brand was the cage and I will check it out!

My apologies for the extremely slow response to this, I have been flat out at work.

also FYI i would please like to retract my statement about this lamp contributing to my snake having a bad shed as it dries out the air.
Today at some point she had another shed and managed to get it off in two pieces with no assistance at all. One was the lower jaw and the body and the second was the top of her head inc eye caps. I did increase misting her from once to twice a day this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back