Heat lamp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannidah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Should a heat lamp be on all the time and set to a thermostat or should it be turned off completely at night?

Should a UV light be on for just daylight hours and compliment the current daylight (like shorter days in winter, longer in summer?)

Heating/lighting for dwarf bearded dragons

If your heat lamp uses a bright spot globe, then it needs to be off at night. If you need to heat during the night, I would recommend that you use something that does not emit light.
Use the UV as you have said.

Gonzo

yeah, i agree with gonzo. the animals internal body clock can get stuffed around something fierce if the light is on all the time. if i were you i'd invest in a heat mat or something similar to give them heat during the night. also, do use the uv just for the day and make it replicate the natural day-night patterns.

Yep, put the UV and the heat lamp both on a timer, with the heat lamp (basking spot) going through a thermostat first. That's your best bet.

What timotei said. For lizards i run the uv on a seperate timer for 12 hours a day max, i do try to mimic natural sunlight hours. The heat lamp runs about 13.5 hours only because i have large glass tanks that take a while to heat up in a cold room and i like to have them awake and warm by 6:00am to feed them before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back