heating for new enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooper123

Reaction score
hi i have been using a click clack for my spotted python but have now started making her a bigger enclosure it is 900 long 300 high 350 deep. i have been using a heat mat with the click clack with no thermostat so i no nothing about heat lights and thermostats. i have tryed reading about them but dont get it at all what would you sugest i use to heat a enclosure that size??
all help would be great

I have a similar set up with a lamp sitting on the mesh roof (100w globe). This is running with a probe thermostat to regulate maximum heat, this seems to work perfect.

thanks for the reply if i had the light built into the roof how far down would it hang if u know wat i mean

depends on the light but 900 will give you plenty of clearance keep in mind the that childrens are mostly terrestrial so you may want more floor space imo, just buy the kits that come wired and screw the fittings into the roof one for day one for night is what i use for all my snakes any way

You dont tell us what the enclosure is made of but either way I don't think a bulb is enough.
I would recommend a heat mat and bulb. The heat mat on a thermostat 24-7. Then the light bulb on a cycle to give a day / night function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back