Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

Reaction score
Well i am very excited to have found this site. I have always had an interest in snakes(well carpet pythons to be exact) anyways i have talked my husband into letting me have one so i would love some help in choosing the best one for me. I have never had a snake before and i have no idea. I have lots and lots of questions which probably will sound silly but i want to be well informed before i get one. I am in brisbane and wanted to say hello to everyone and i am sure i will enjoy this site so much.

Vikki :D

hello vikki, i'm in the same boat as you, always been interested but never had a snake before.

my licence just came through today and i'm getting my first childrens python tomorrow! there's heaps of info on this site and everyone is very helpful.

enjoy :)

What i have seen looks pretty good. I am so excited for you. It is going to be awesome to have your first real snake. You will have to let me know how you go as i would be excited to hear all about it.

Hello Vikki, and welcome to APS.

I only just got my licence and my stimson python on the 23rd Jan 07.
I am also in the Brisbane area, where abouts in Brisbane are you?

Don't think that your questions are silly, the only silly question is one that isn't asked.

Welcome to both of you, and good luck with your new hobby - WARNING!!!- extremely addictive,lol!!

Here's some pictures of my girl, Ziggy:

000_0013.jpg

000_0023.jpg

i am in chermside. Oh i am so excited. I want a snake so bad but i know i have to do all my research first, i really don't want to end up with a snake i won't like or can't look after.

Ziggy is so cute, you said she was a stimpson ? Does she grow very big ? I really want a big snake, sounds funny but they look awesome when there big

hello and welcome to the site its the best site ever

did you buy her from this site or a petstore ? I heard people saying not to go to a shop as they are expensive and sometimes not as healthy as from breeders. Like i said i am new to this. I heard snakes live around 20 years is that correct ? and what size enclosure would you need for a snake that is around 2 feet long ? How long does it take for them to get to full size ?

Diamond python in my opinion is a great first snake.

Welcome to the site.

Rob

I bought her from a private breeder at Deception Bay.

Depending on how well looked after the snake is they live to 20 - 30 years.

The enclosure size really does depend on the size of the snake. Well my snake is going to grow just over 2 foot long, to around 90cm. Her enclosure is Long 60cm x Wide 50cm x High 60cm. The general rule is, the enclosure has to be 1/2 the length of the adult snake.

The rate of which a snake grows all depends on how much you feed them and how often they shed. It's kind of hard to put a time frame on it. I think it's around the 2 year mark.

Warning!!!!!

I was told before I bought my Darwin Carpet that after owning a snake that one just doesnt become enough. Now I have my Darwin Carpet and what I was told is true, I now want another snake, it is addictive.

Hey Vikki - welcome to the site. Good on hubby too for agreeing to let you keep a snake. I bet you won't be able to stop at just one! lol

Hey rob

Thanks for welcoming me to the site, So you think diamond pythons are good for firsttimers ? Where abouts in brisbane are you and do you sell snakes ? diamond pythons to be exact.
I am in chermside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back