Hello (few pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dechnicz-face

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey so i have been floating around for some time now and thought it was about time i introduce myself...
Im Tamara, lived on the sunny coast for 3 years now and have been interested in reptiles all my life but only started my collection 3 years ago
I have a gecko, a storrs monitor and 5 pythons:
1 bredli
2 diamonds
2 coastal carpets (though one i think is a hybrid but i dont plan on breeding my coastals so i dont mind)
First three pics taken on my phone and last two are from a photo shoot i did with my gecko and two of my pythons
cheers, Tamara

Photo0020.jpg
Photo0312.jpg
Photo0150.jpg
8x10_40312875-062.jpg
8x10_40312875-002.jpg

pencil.png

lol the third pic its tails red? is that the one you reckon is a hybrid or is that just the tail of you bredli in there??

Hey everyone, its the first 'coastal' that i think is a hybrid. He always varies colour from that light colour too a deep brown
The picture that lizardboii is talking about is two snakes together, it was there heads but they moved to quick for my camera phone haha

Love your little gecko, awesome colour :) I'm a bit jelous of your collection too!

First one just looks like a nice coastal to me (possibley from the Cape York area) they are extremely variable so who knows...its safe to say its a carpet :)

Another sunny-coaster. Still amazes me how many are around. Didn't think the hobby was that widespread.
Should come along to a meeting up at coolum one month. I think there's a thread about here somewhere.

Another sunny-coaster. Still amazes me how many are around. Didn't think the hobby was that widespread.
Should come along to a meeting up at coolum one month. I think there's a thread about here somewhere.

Next meeting is on the 27th May. :)

Hey Tamara
nice collection! would love to see some pics of your monitor
cheers

Hey everyone thanks for the kind words.
Yeh i love my gecko he's really tame, sits on my knee when im playing xbox and i take him outside once a week for some sun. He also only drinks water from a spoon (i tried sparaying him/the walls but he just runs away) and i give him a small about of organic honey every two weeks.
That coastal/jungle/whatever else has been confusing me for awhile now but as i never plan to breed him theres really no issue. The breeder hasnt responed to any emails asking about his origin (first snake so wasnt too sure what to ask) oh well no harm i guess
Also as requested by farma some pics of my monitor, first pic is when i got him the other two are from yesterday but his mid shed so a bit dull
Photo01.jpg
Photo0332.jpg
Photo0331.jpg

It appears to look very femilar to me as I keep Cape york carpets I would be leaning towards it being just that. oh and it wouldn't be a hybrid if this is the case. check out my cape yorks in profile for identification.

WOW that is a small monitor! how old is it in that first pic? and how old is it now? its very cute either way

Hey pythond rule
He does look alot like a cape york, got him for $100 so swish i win
Farma bear (monitor) was 3 months in that pic and hes about 6-7 old months now.
Hes such a fatty but as settled down quick and will feed from my hand, when you scratch his back his tail wags. Everytime my dog (kelpie x black lab) comes into my room tries to attack the dog threw the tank and the dog just stares at him and walks away. Monitors are so full of personality i love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back