Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill

Reaction score
Hi there! I've recently come across this site and it's fantastic. Heaps of info which will be a great help.

I recently acquired a 14 month old Spotted Python, Tallulah, who is lovely though a little feisty after feeding. She is getting used to being handled but will leap out of my hands with no warning. I'm thinking of entering her in the Aust. Frog & Reptile Show in May at the Castle Hill Showgrounds.

I also have a 4 month old Central Bearded Dragon, Autumn, who hates to be handled and is also on guard and ready to run if I am anywhere near her cage. Is this normal at her age? I've started hand feeding her with crickets so that she will associate me with something good (food) but she will only take about three at a time (twice daily) and I'm not sure that is enough given her amazing growth rate. She won't eat veges or greens either and I've been offering her carrot, red capsicum, mustard leaves, dandelion, arugula, bok choi, rose petals and nasturtiums.

I'm looking to add to my little reptile family with a Murray Darling hatchie or maybe a Diamond Python (attended my first Aust Herp Society meeting last week and it seems that Diamonds don't thrive indoors, a bit of a worry....).

I'm looking forward to joining in dicussions and 'talking' to other people interested in reptiles as all my friends think I'm nuts.

Cheers, Gill

Hi Gill, ...all my friends think i'm nuts too,.!

my beardies have never really run from me, but i got them when they were about 5 days old so i guess they got used to me pretty quickly, keep hand feeding her and handle her for a few mins a few times a day and she'll come round.
do u give her baths? mine love warm baths,...

Bredlis are lovely snakes if ur still undecided,...i couldnt recommend them enough, i've had my little boy for almost a year and hes such a mellow fellow. :)
...hes also very pretty.

anyway, welcome, and enjoy ur reptile family

Thanks Chris1,

I'll keep persevering. I do bath her once a week and she absolutely hates it, I keep a hand towel on the bottom of the basin so she has something to grip and gently trickle water over her but all she wants to do is get out of the basin and away from the big scary thing (me :lol: !)

hey welcome to the site...

I agree with Chris1 go for a bredli my boy is gorgeous and very placid and tolerant even to my 2yr old newphew who likes to lick everything (yes everything)....

I also have an MD who is a little flighty in her cage but is ok but very adventurous (likes to make escape attempts) while shes out....

Go bredli for sure.... "bigguy" is awesome if you decide to get one...

Cheers
Cass

G' day and welcome, everybody here is a bit strange.
In their own special way, not that there's anything wrong with that.
As you will find out.

Welcome,I have a bredli & have had it for nearly twelve years & haven't had any major probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back