Hello my fellow Python & Snakes enthusiasts :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bworl5

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Redbank, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Hello I was wondering if you nice folks would offer me some friendly advice?
You see, i am nearly 22 and would love to own my very own 1m plus antaresia maculosa, and i was wondering - since i have a enclosure set up., minus the lid but sufficient enough in sizing, what exactly am i missing and what would b the cheapest but best acquisition techniques of such equipment?

Thanks for your time,(s)
Yours sincerely :)

Welcome :)

You will need heating for you python. This can be done by either a heatchord or heat pad under the tank or by a heat lamp (With cage)....you will also need a secure lid, these guys are escape artists!

*Cheap isn't always best. Sometimes taking teh cheap option can result in harmed or lost reptiles! (Not picking on you, just thought I'd mention it :))

Thanking you :)
Don't they all require electricity to maintain integrity? (the heatcord, heat pad and heat lamp)
Sorry, but do the lids require 2 be "weighted down", or just lockable?
Yeah i thought it may be the case of u get what u pay for... thanks again :)

Thanking you :)
Don't they all require electricity to maintain integrity? (the heatcord, heat pad and heat lamp)
Yes they all require electricity but varying amounts and they will all require temperature control to provide the ideal "basking spot" temperature , this is generally done with a thermostat. There is an article that discusses the needs of a python on the Souther Cross Reptiles web site and I have provided the link below. This will give you a lot of the basic housing details that you will need so have a read through that and see if there is any further questions. There are also a lot of other good articles on this site that you may be interested in if you google "Doc Rock" instead of clicking the link.

Untitled Document

Locked down or heavily weighed down, either works :)

Another really good source of information about the Antaresia species of snakes is "Keeping Children's Pythons".

Very important thing you have to know is all snakes are escape artists,they can get out of the unthinkable smallest opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back