Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'll introduce myself, my name is Chris I am currently 17 years old living at Redcliffe in Queensland Australia.

I have always been interested in reptiles, and one day woud like to be able to own one for myself. I would like to get a python in the near future, I like the looks off the Spotted Python, Blonde Maccie and Jungle Python. However my mother has this huge fear of snakes and wont allow me to be able to get one. I guess that it isn't that bad, because it'll mean by the time I have moved out I will have enough money to buy my reptiles and enclosures =).

At the moment I am looking for friends to chat about reptiles, so I can gain as much information as I possibly can before I get my own. Also I am hopeing to find someone who lives close to my area who has reptiles so that I can become friends and also learn a few off of them.

- Chris

Hey Chris Welcome :)

Redcliffe is nice!
I live in Caboolture, So not that far from you.
Iv got a lil blonde mac hatchie, Dont blame you for wanting one lol

good choice with the Jungle they rock

this is one of my males

Attachments

• the bandit.jpg
    the bandit.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 84
Thanks everyone =)

Yes the blonde maccies look awesome =) But I don't think I'd be able to stop at one python hehe

Welcome to the site, just because your mum doesnt like snakes doesnt mean you cant get lizards and turtles :)

Welcome to the site, just because your mum doesnt like snakes doesnt mean you cant get lizards and turtles :)

Yes, that is true.. I must admit that I do like the looks of some of the geckos that you can get. However my room is over crowded with all of my stuff in it at the moment, so I'm not sure as to where I would be able to house their enclosure. lol.. Sigh..

My mum was the same chris, wouldnt let me get one until i held a hatchie childreni at a pet shop and she seen hwo quiet it was, now im getting another one in a few weeks lol.

Ashleigh:];711692 said:
My mum was the same chris, wouldnt let me get one until i held a hatchie childreni at a pet shop and she seen hwo quiet it was, now im getting another one in a few weeks lol.

I tryed that, we went into a pet show that I knew sold snakes, and I said look at this and her words wer "******* NO" so I guess it's just not going to work lol. I tryed

Yer my dad is perfectly fine with me havign snakes, its mum that didnt want me to have one.

I want to get an olive & dad & I were just going to tell mum that it only grows to 2m... lol :D:D

The thought of having a hatchling childrens python makes her want to be sick and she is scared of them, so I don't think that I am going to be able to force the issue, even though I have tryed, I've given her information about them and all of that good stuff, it just isn't going to work.

It's ok, I guess. I will hopefully be moving out in a year and a bit so that'll give me enough time to save up enough money for what I need to do ;)

Ashleigh:];711707 said:
Yer my dad is perfectly fine with me havign snakes, its mum that didnt want me to have one.

I want to get an olive & dad & I were just going to tell mum that it only grows to 2m... lol :D:D

My uncle has an Olive Python, he said that they can be aggressive, I'm not sure if it's true or not, or maybe he just has a snappy one.

He bought himself a olive python as his first snake and his 6 year old daughter a childrens pyhthon as her first snake.

thats y my mum and dad split up because dad had tomany snakes and lizards lol

yea i no my mum hates them but dads loves them so wen i go bak and forth i take my snakes and lizards and my mum hates ut ae

trust me it's priceless lol if ya mums like mine

My mum is the same... so scared of them she is making me keep mine at my boyfriends house! luckily his mum likes snakes heaps so it'll work out fine hopefully! When i get mine i want to get her to come and visit and at least see the gorgeous little thing before she passes final judgement. At least Darren's room is cleaner so we'll be able to get more snakes in there :p eventually...

hey chris, i too am in the caboolture region, their are alot of us from there on here, like ashleigh i own snakes and have 3 of the little darlings, a baby bredli and maccie and a 6.5 ft jungle,
kylie

i think you should show your mum monty then she would have something to worry about, maccy's are only small snakes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back