help ive been scammed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

=bECS=

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
what could i do if ive been scammed into buying non licenced reptiles??

RE: Re: RE: help ive been scammed

ok so i called an add in petlink and the guy brought them to my house, he said he had forgotten his licence but as i had his contact number and email, i agreed for him to send the details later as the lizards were cold and had traveled along way, so anyway after trying to contact him, he is not answering his phone or my emails and has blocked me from his msn, after pretending he didnt kno me :x
i kno its my own fault for trusting him, but i felt bad for the lizards, i have been trying for a week now but to no avail!
i dont think theyre wild but because they are so tame, and dont snap when being handled.

do you think NPWS will take them away from me?

Gather all the information you can including the original Petlink ad and contact NPWS. I think you should be ok as long as you can prove you got them from him.

So i should make a copy of the ad as well as his number and email and the recent conversation we had, (i saved that too), and forward that information onto NPWS they will take it from there?
id hate to loose them as ive become attached to them already!

they are nobbi dragons

ok, i have saved all the relevant documents, and sent another email warning of the steps im forced to take, warning that if contact is not made by tomorrow, i will be forced to take further action.
as i do not wish to mention names as yet, if i dont hear from them i will be posting a warning to all potential buyers, in the trading feed back forum, including all known online names to hopefully prevent this from happening again, as i feel this is unfair and wrong!

and i will be taking a lesson from craig ......
First thing I ask for when buying a snake is "what is your reptile licence number". If they don't tell me, I don't buy.

That kind of person really gets my goat grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bec: Have PMed you.

:p

Hix

good luck bec, even if they take the lizzies away, it's not worth loosing your licence and the rest of your animals over. they should understand, but even if they don't it's still the right thing to do.
best of luck.
sil.

i dont think theyre wild but because they are so tame, and dont snap when being handled.
well atleast now they in trusting hands, not some crazy unlicensed mofo... thats how i see it

Good luck !!!! NPWS are not the nicest of people IMO?? But hopefully you get to keep them!!!!

Hi Bec, sorry to hear about the situation there. Unfortunately the lessons we learn the best are usually the hard ones :?

I don't know that I'd assume the animals aren't wild caught based on them being calm. But having said that, even if they are wild you'll probably find that NPWS are reluctant to release it back to the wild, especially if not much is known about where it's been since being taken. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the policies there are much the same as in Queensland and they don't like to release animals after periods in captivity (other than if they've only been cared for by relocaters after injuries etc) because there's the chance that they could have picked up diseases not found in the wild and releasing them could also release these diseases into the wild.

As long as you're upfront about what's gone on then there should be no reason for you to lose your other animals, whether or not the newbies stay with you or go with NPWS isn't quite as easy to guess unfortunately....but hopefully it'll work in your favour.

I would imagine it would depend whether NPWS layed charges?
If they did the dragons would be "evidence" and would probably go to a reptile park or something for holding I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back