help ive been scammed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: help ive been scammed

If they lay charges then it's usually what happens here at least (well either to parks or to relocaters/rescuers in the area). But like I said, I'm not sure how it works in NSW....it couldn't be too different though could it?

has anyone else had similar experiences??
also i phoned them and sent an email with all relevant info.
they said theyll get back to me.

i had a run in with a bloke from petlink ages ago
his username was (lizardguy) but he gave me his lic details but after i was told about him i rang npws and gave them the lic details he gave me. it turns at the details he gave me was some bloke's lic number which the bloke was from queensland i only found out after i rang npws and they told me them self.

and what happened?? :shock:

I'd go back on Petlink and post your own ad with info regarding this person and tell them that you want them to contact you a.s.a.p. If they do not contact you then at least you will have warned everyone else about them.

his username was (lizardguy)

Hmm, surely not the same lizardguy with the velvet leaf tails? ;)

yep thats the bloke magpie.

One thing you might like to try is create another hotmail account and contact him saying you want to buy some lizards from him.

See if you can get him to bite again without revealing your identity.

Hope this turns out for you.

.......of course if you bought them from the back of a McDonalds carpark you'll be screwed! :p Otherwise, I'd say you've got some good grounds on either, getting the license number and details, or putting the authorities onto this person. Petlink can be very dodgey IMO!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: help ive been scammed

i have definatley learnt my lesson!!!!! :?

and from now on petlink is a no-go zone :p

ps. spottie, the person your talking about is spot on!! wish i had of known this before dealing with him!

Hi what if you contact the NPWS and tell them that you know of a non liecenced seller and give his details and don't mention your retiles you got from him.

They will have a hard time proving any case against him, unless they find other reptles on his property, and they won't be able to check without police presence b/c he isnt just going to let them in.

Hi what if you contact the NPWS and tell them that you know of a non liecenced seller and give his details and don't mention your retiles you got from him.
Well it wouldnt help him at all his lizards would still be illegal, Becswillbe says that npws have been contacted.

Best of luck i hope they are reasonable and let you keep them.

Re: RE: Re: RE: help ive been scammed

cris said:
Well it wouldnt help him at all his lizards would still be illegal, Becswillbe says that npws have been contacted.

Best of luck i hope they are reasonable and let you keep them.

thank you everyone and yes and im awaiting an email from them.

I hope your goat is on licence Marc
Goats dont need a licence here in Qld you can have as many billies as you want.

As many billies as you want??

Im moving there!!!!! thought it was just canberra!!!!!

But even that not enough to make me move to canberra!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back