HELP! my CAGE GOT condensation on it

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
make the probe touch the floor of the tub so its reading the actual floor temp and adjust the matt until it reads 32 on your thermometer good in my oppinion that he has sold you that type of matt is it a reptapets australia im interested in this product myself post some more pics .Once you have put probe on the floor i reckon reset the thermo so you can check the min and max temps just hold button in for about five seconds until all readouts are the same

its not touching the floor.. its about 0.001 cm to it though... i didnt wanna disturb him/her as its napping) its currently reading 29.4-29.8 min and max... i spoke to a snakepert and he said thats perfect :)...

My baby is at the moment hiding under its hide on the warm side of the case......odd thing though.. its tail is sticking out...is there something wrong with him/her??? because this is the first time ive seen it hide while exposing some of its body.....

or could it mean it likes its new home :)

Is your water bowl on the heatmat side?

If so this is your problem, either that or the snake has gone and tipped it over. Or just peed everywhere.

thank you all for u reply.. i have solved the condensation problem.. the reason was my vents/holes on the box was too small.... simon gave me a new drill peiece and drilled on the exisiting holes... now its not happening...

cheers...

new discovery:

My baby is at the moment hiding under its hide on the warm side of the case......odd thing though.. its tail is sticking out...is there something wrong with him/her??? because this is the first time ive seen it hide while exposing some of its body.....

thats me done, whatever!!

i just thought it was strange seeing it hiding clonged up all together out of sight.. and this morning its hiding loosely with its tail sticking out...

i was just a little worried becuase i read the lifeless snake thread and poor little lucky.... :(

never mind me... its hiding back inside again......:)..my baby is still alive

i just thought it was strange seeing it hiding clonged up all together out of sight.. and this morning its hiding loosely with its tail sticking out...

i was just a little worried becuase i read the lifeless snake thread and poor little lucky.... :(

never mind me... its hiding back inside again......:)..my baby is still alive

hahaha ive been reading most of your threads.. your a funny person :) you sound soo excited about your snake and trying hard to do everything SPOT on..:D well done. ive notice with reptile owners is everyone has slightly different views about them.. all mostly the same.. for example the owner said your snake was due for a feed while other users have told you to wait a while.. he probably is due for a feed but the wait wont kill him (there tough little guys, snakes can go a while without a feed) and the wait will make him more likely to eat.. and if he doesnt eat DONT STRESS OUT :) dont worry about the hiding thing.. when my little guy is in a hide hut he sticks his whole head out... might be a good sign he's becoming more comfortable... dont forget he's only a baby so imagine what you must look like to him.. :) keep up your reading and with time you will get to know your snake and know that every tiny little thing he does isnt a BAD sign. For lucky the snake the poor thing had big problems :(. i have a 3 foot enclosure & my little guy loves a particular spot (inside a hollow log) and only moves for feeding and if i get him out. when i put him back in he end up back in there :lol:

Happened in one of my enclosures the other day as well gave it a wipe and went out every few hours as i was quite concerned and it never built back up and has been fine for the past 4-5 days.

i had condensation in my bearded dragons enclosure for the first time a few mornings ago, I really worried aswell, It hasnt happened again, but i'm concerned this could cause a Respitory infection in my lizard???

new discovery:

You can read almost anything into this. What I choose to read into the way my snake positions himself within his enclosure is that he is optimising security, comfort and getting the right amount of heat to each part of his body. Including his tail! :lol:

at the moment.. its sticking its head and about 3 cm of its body out... with its head lying on the bottom......

not moving.......i wonder what its thinking now...... hehe

at the moment.. its sticking its head and about 3 cm of its body out... with its head lying on the bottom......

not moving.......i wonder what its thinking now...... hehe

If it's not moving, it's thinking "I'm safe, I'm warm and I'm comfortable." :)

Thats where the snake has done its business.
Little bit more ventilation [ more holes ] normally works.
Make sure you use a digital thermeter to give you the correct temps in the tub, especially on the floor of the hot spot / area, as 30-32 degree's will do the trick.
Aleks.

Makes perfect sense to me as I`ve had my snake about 3 weeks, twice I`ve got up in the morning and found condendsation on cool side of click clack. When I`ve got her out later in the day i found poop in the hide on warm side. It obviously heats up on the mat and steams the click clack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back