Help the house sitter - Do snakes move much?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen it a few times. It looks very relieving for them. Like when you get glue on your fingers then peel it off...or am I the only one who used to do that

I've seen it a few times. It looks very relieving for them. Like when you get glue on your fingers then peel it off...or am I the only one who used to do that

Nup, I went to school too. That's what it's all about. That and sticky taping your fingers together.

I wonder if it feels itchy in the days before they drop their coat

I think everyone did that thats what made art class fun PVA glue

I messaged the owners (thank you, facebook) and asked where the key is. So now I've changed his water which was getting a bit low and retrieved the skin. It's all in one piece but the head end is bunched up. I'm so impressed.

Just check the head end of the shed and make sure that the eyecaps have shed correctly. They will be the clear round dots were the eyes would be on the snake.

Last edited:
Just check the head end and make sure that the eyecaps have shed correctly. They will be the clear round dots were the eyes would be on the snake.

Was about to say the same thing. It's great you found the key and got to change the water too.

You will need to unroll it completely to check out the eyecaps. If the owner doesn't want it in one piece you can tear it near the rolled up bit and turn it inside out to make unrolling easier if that makes sense

Its hard to explain but unroll the skin till you find the opening at the head. It will have the top jaw and lower jaw. Look for the clear bubble looking things were the eyes would be located on the snake. thats best way I can think off to describe the process. Best of luck

It kinda feels like handling a used condom.

I believe the eye caps are there. I'm having troubles with the photo upload, I'll keep trying.

lol that's how I was gonna describe it but didn't know if I'd offend anyone.
Check the size of the photos. There is a limit to what you can upload

It feels even weirder if you check just after the shed as it feels oily and wet. Extra gross

by the look of the photo its hard to see . can you take a photo from the top and to the side

Yeah that looks ok. See the little clear scales where the eyes are? When they don't shed it causes issues

Yeah, I thought those were the eyes. Thanks for the help, it would have been terrible if they'd got stuck, I wouldn't know what to do. The skin didn't break in pieces, I have asked if I can keep it. I am surprisingly not freaked out by it.

I caught my 7ft coastal carpet shedding one day:

Attachments

• Shed body2.jpg
    Shed body2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Shed face.jpg
    Shed face.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Shed5.jpg
    Shed5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
lol its lovely to see read someone so excited by the little things!
so very refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back