Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmeworry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
guys, my diamond x coastal carpet python has horrible joints. When ever his body is folded at all (wrapped tightly around any thing) and when his body is tight (as in when holding him out for measurement) there is this popping sound, its horrible, seems as though his bones are separating. if i keep doing it , it keeps happening!! I AM REALLY WORRIED WHAT DO I DO??:evil::oops::(

sure its his joints? could be him breathing? in that case it would be a respiratory infection, although im not sure, there is a small popping sound i hear from my jungle sometimes and at first i panicked thinking she might have a respiratory but now im pretty sure its just her joints.

I believe, in the other thread you started, DPS was referred to.

I think a trip to the vet may be in order....

if it is the diamond in his avatar then it looks way too young to have DPS. the youngest diamond i personally know of to be suspected of having DPS was around 6 years old.

There is a bacteria that can get into the joints causing them to fuse at odd angles, take it to a reputable vet and get blood work done, if caught early enough it can be fixed, this may not be the case however A proper examination by a quality vet and a few dollars spent is worth it sometimes

stupid question, but im gonna go ahead and ask it anyway, what does DPS stand for?

I once in my youth grabbed a GTS by the tail as it tried to escape, the feeling of the bones separating was almost like the feeling when you crack your knuckles (only smaller and in many more joints). I have also felt the same thing in my bredli. I think it would be a similar thing and not at all damaging to the snake.

Yea thanks guys, definitely think a vet trip is in order.

I once in my youth grabbed a GTS by the tail as it tried to escape, the feeling of the bones separating was almost like the feeling when you crack your knuckles (only smaller and in many more joints). I have also felt the same thing in my bredli. I think it would be a similar thing and not at all damaging to the snake.​

what you just described is pretty much it, but all over. I will still take him to the vet just to be sure. this is my first snake and I dont want to take any chances!!

THANKS GUYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back