Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angelrose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any time i have ever seen a python eat a mouse it has been head first, so i assumed this was normal behaviour, also, baillee, pictured, has always eaten head first, untill just now, tail first.... is she going to be ok, claws backwards and all.....

Angel

maybe think about upping the size of the food too, i have found that giving larger food stops this,

cheers
Steve

my snakes dont care how they eat things
the brown tree snake sumtimes eats mice sideways and my diamond ate a small pidgeon backwards (not to mention all the mice they eat backwards).
angelrose, is that a bredli or a darwin carpet?

angelrose said:
hmmm.... that sounds like hard work......... i gag watching her trying to swallow a pinkie lol....

I personally wouldn't be feeding it pinkies, they are about as nutritional as a rock. Velvet/fuzzy mice are the go. She'll swallow it with ease.

sxereturn said:
I once had a carpet python who would always eat his food sideways.

That was mine about a month ago. I upped the size like suggested by Stevethepom and it hasn't been a problem. I still can't get over the size of things they eat. I had my python minded for a couple of weeks with the breeder I bought the snake off while I was on holidays (just for piece of mind).

The following week I came back to buy another rat and just about fell over at the size of it. She said I'd be surprised...I am.

same story as sexreturn and moosegoose
my lil guy was taken them down backwards but since he is on bigger feed it hasent been a worrie but i have only feed him 3 times on larger food so far

Note - the carpet in question was unable to take bigger meals as it had a severe fracture in it's spine that could have caused trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back