Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little sad noone has attempted a species list yet.

I'l start you off.....

Frilled neck lizard Chlamydosaurus kingii......

The second pic is also a Frilled neck lizard Chlamydosaurus kingii

;)
IsK

In the first series of shots is that Lophognathus gilberti or temporalis??
You have me stumped on the final gecko - D.occultus???

In the first series of shots is that Lophognathus gilberti or temporalis??
You have me stumped on the final gecko - D.occultus???

I tried to include diagnostic features on most of the photos.

Didn't you see the throat chevrons on the dragon? Thats indicative of Diporophora albilabris. Unfortunately they don't always display these markings. I was stumped with the ID, and then i pulled him out of the bag after half an hour and he'd revealed these markings. Even the juveniles will display these markings.

And the the gecko, after much examination with a hand lense, then a dissecting microscope, we declared it to be a poorly marked Diplodactylus stenodactylus. There is probably a species complex hidden away there.

-H

I tried to include diagnostic features on most of the photos.

Didn't you see the throat chevrons on the dragon? Thats indicative of Diporophora albilabris. Unfortunately they don't always display these markings. I was stumped with the ID, and then i pulled him out of the bag after half an hour and he'd revealed these markings. Even the juveniles will display these markings.

And the the gecko, after much examination with a hand lense, then a dissecting microscope, we declared it to be a poorly marked Diplodactylus stenodactylus. There is probably a species complex hidden away there.

-H

That is one very dark, very plain stenodactylus. There is some genetic work being done at present that threatens to split them up as at least 5 separate species across the range.

What size were the gracilis??

I assume you mean Oedura gracilis, Carlia gracilis were carlia sized ;) ;)

O. gracilis were about 7cm SVL for adult animals. They may have been a bit bigger. Not enormous animals like the WA marmorata.

Anyone have gracilis in captivity? They don't seem to be particularly common.

wow, dial-up death allright, was worth the 25min wait though, thanks :D

Oh, and that Carlia, it was Carlia tricantha[/i}....... "keels of three, tricantha it be... but if the earhole is round, it's gracilis you've found..." or something like that.

-H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back