Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smacdonald

Reaction score
Alecia and I spent 24 hours up at the Lamington Plateau with some (human) friends of ours, looking for some (animal) friends of ours. We found a whole bunch of stuff. Let me know if I've mis-IDed anything.

We saw non-reptilian critters too. You can have a look at those pics on my blog.

Stewart

Rough-scaled snake (Tropidechis carinatus). He's hanging around a frog pond waiting for dinner.

Rough-scaled snake (Tropidechis carinatus)

Southern angle-headed dragon (Hypsilurus spinipes)

Southern angle-headed dragon (Hypsilurus spinipes)

Eastern water skink (Eulamprus quoyii)

Land mullet (Egernia major). What a cute couple!

Leaf-tailed gecko (Saltuarius swaini)

Leaf-tailed gecko (Saltuarius swaini). The red dots are mites.

Great barred frog (Mixophyes fasciolatus)

Red-eyed tree frog (Litoria chloris)

Emerald-spotted tree frog (Litoria peronii)

Male eastern sedge frog (Litoria fallax) calling from lilypad

Very very impressive!

How long were you there to get so many great pictures??

I could be totally wrong but isn't that a scrubby in the first couple of pics? Looks like you had a great time:)Thanks for sharing your pics

I could be totally wrong but isn't that a scrubby in the first couple of pics? Looks like you had a great time:)Thanks for sharing your pics

You are indeed wrong.
That photo of the chloris is one of the best frog pics I've ever seen!
Really nice photography.

wow amazing pics, especially like the leaf tail pics although its a pitty the mites/ticks or whatever are so apparent.

Mate that's some VERY impressive photography.

That Forrest Dragon shot is outstanding. So is the Leafy, love it.

Frogs are always photogenic, but some of the others are unreal.

What gear you using?

Mate that's some VERY impressive photography.

What gear you using?

Thanks! I've got a Nikon D200 with a Nikkor 105mm macro and Sigma 10-20mm wide angle. I got the wide angle the day before so we went up there to try it out. I've also got an SB-600 flash and SB-800 flash which I sometimes use on-camera and sometimes off.

Stewart

Very nice, the wide angle made a difference with the Angle Head shot, looks spectacular.

Just had a look at your site blog too, done some herping wow, very jelous..... some gorgeous photos in there nice work.

Very Very impressive photo's Stewart. Well done.

RDU,

Excellent photos, i like the shots of
H.spinipes, E.quoyii, L. fallax, S. swaini
displaying the animals in the context of its habitat.

Did you spot any other Eulamprus
Like, E. tryoni or E. murrayi?

You could be somewhat mistaken by looking at the pattern of head scales alone and possibly thinking scrubby. Those pics are definitely not a scrubby and IMO Rough Scaled Snakes as RDU said. You wouldn't find a scrubby in Lamington anyway.

That pictures are amazing! The animals look incredible.
I so gotta go to Lamington NP again sometime.

You could be somewhat mistaken by looking at the pattern of head scales alone and possibly thinking scrubby. Those pics are definitely not a scrubby and IMO Rough Scaled Snakes as RDU said. You wouldn't find a scrubby in Lamington anyway.

Rough Scaled Snakes do not get the respect they deserve, Their venom is super deadly. Probably why they are a Class 3 in NSW

Simone.

Thanks for the pics , very cool indeed !

Rough Scaled Snakes do not get the respect they deserve, Their venom is super deadly. Probably why they are a Class 3 in NSW

Simone.

They are definitely one of the most dangerous elapids to keep in captivity. Their venom is incredibly potent to humans, I personally know of two cases where keepers have been unconcious within 6 minutes of been bitten. Coupled with their less than docile nature, reluctance to sit on a hook, and small size (hard to tail), they have earnt their status up near Coastal Taipans and Eastern Browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back