Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried it and it downloads fine. Maybe you have exceeded your own bandwidth or a few people are downloading it. Give it a few minutes and it should be good.

I just tried it and it downloads fine. Maybe you have exceeded your own bandwidth or a few people are downloading it. Give it a few minutes and it should be good.

I know why! Daughter has been downloading from Megaupload and exceeded the limit from this IP address.

FNQ_SNAKE.....

Just downloaded it...... Thank you for taking the time, and putting in the effort you have....

Much appreciated..... Its a great Screen saver....

I love that you have put the name, scientific name and the locality there.... TOP JOB!!!!!

Cheers.... Rick

I can't see it wahhh!!!!
It's sounds great though FNQ_Snake so good job!
Hmmmmm I know I'll go round to i_LoVe_AnImAlS!!!!!!! She has a PC!

Jess

cant wait to view got goosebumps
sent it to every1 i know top work... going to buy new camera

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Send the link to everyone if you like. The more people who see it, the more educated the community will be as a whole.

:) No worries mate. As long as everyone who downloads it and installs it then hopefully that is one more educated person in the world. I plan to have a toxicity/venomous chart and danger level as well as first aid tips and the like in the April 2009 release.
Hey FNQ, as I said previously, it's a great job. Ive actually sent it through to a few people that have no interest in herps and getting positive feedback. Just one small issue with your idea for 2009 though.
I guess most of us have at least a basic awareness of toxicity/danger of vens, but to the Great Unwashed (non herpers!), things like toxicity etc kinda add to the whole myth of snakes? To the non-herpers, it kinda adds an extra reason to be unduly concerned. Does that make sense? You'll have to read between the lines! :D
Given that it is a screen saver, most people wont have time to read first aid instruction anyway.
I'm of the thought that if you just continue with what you have done this year, youre on a good wicket.
As an alternative, I guess you could do a document with the details and pics and then convert it to a PDF and attach it with the screensaver file?
Just a thought anyway.
cheers, toon

Fantastic!! Well done!!!
I love how you can see the distribution of each reptile.
Some unbelievably good photos.
Would have liked to see a few more lizard varieties in the screensaver but I guess there were not as many photos sent in to choose from.

Fantastic!! Well done!!!
I love how you can see the distribution of each reptile.
Some unbelievably good photos.
Would have liked to see a few more lizard varieties in the screensaver but I guess there were not as many photos sent in to choose from.

Yeah, I have given myself six months this time so hopefully I will get a few more pics of other lizards and the likes. There certainly are a talented amount of photographers out there.

Hey FNQ, as I said previously, it's a great job. Ive actually sent it through to a few people that have no interest in herps and getting positive feedback. Just one small issue with your idea for 2009 though.
I guess most of us have at least a basic awareness of toxicity/danger of vens, but to the Great Unwashed (non herpers!), things like toxicity etc kinda add to the whole myth of snakes? To the non-herpers, it kinda adds an extra reason to be unduly concerned. Does that make sense? You'll have to read between the lines! :D
Given that it is a screen saver, most people wont have time to read first aid instruction anyway.
I'm of the thought that if you just continue with what you have done this year, youre on a good wicket.
As an alternative, I guess you could do a document with the details and pics and then convert it to a PDF and attach it with the screensaver file?
Just a thought anyway.
cheers, toon

That is a great idea. I was only thinking that if people saw the first aid notice on one slide then subliminally they would remember it in an emergency. As for the toxicity level chart. It would just be a little chart like the distribuiton graph saying Dangerous, mildly dangerous, harmless, etc..

The PDF idea is a good one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back