Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
My name is Grant and i have been a lover of snakes since a young age, i even remember venturing to the local bushland and trying to find a snake i could take home and keep as a pet. Lol

Anyway, I am really interested in the Albino Darwin but it may not be the best for a first timer.

Might be best to list preferred attributes and go from there

I want something with a great temperament. I dont mind being bitten at the start but want something that will get used to being handled so others can handle it later on.
Size isn't really an issue but i don't want a monster. 2m would be around maximum.
Hardy and eats well is a given since im a newb.

So, the albino darwin (i read it's more docile than the standard darwin), the inland but they can get really big and then there is the antaresia's but they're probably smalled than i would prefer.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hello and welcome :)
an albino darwin is an awesome choice

- - - Updated - - -

they arent really different than keeping any other python :)

Hi Grant and welcome. An albino Darwin sounds like a good first snake. It maybe better to get a hatchy to start off with so you can grow together plus it doesn't hurt when the babies bite whereas an adult might. If aren't quite decided I can recommend going to Southern x reptiles website and reading doc rocks article about "road testing" pythons.

Hi grant welcome my first snake was an albino darwin never regret it best looking snakes and not high maintenance

Awesome, thanks folks. I'm planning on getting a hatchling and plan to grow with it. It'll be a learning curve for both of us rather than jumping straight to an adult. What size enclosure would a full grown albino Darwin want? I guess it would start in a click clack and grow into a bigger enclosure. Would they start in a small plastic one, go to a big plastic enclosure and then go into a full size one? Or would there be more sizes of plastic ones as they grow?

Hi Grant and welcome to the family. I can't comment on the Albino Darwin (other than my husband is bugging me to get one) but I started with a stimsons, they are a solid little snake, but awesome right from the start, never had any issues with him.... but ultimately it's what you want, have a read of some websites and take in the advice of albino owners from here, and you can make your informed decission. Don't forget though we want pics, of your new family member :)

Albino darwins are a great first snake and generally have a nice temperament.
If however you decide not to go down that path, I would recommend a Murray Darling carpet python as a great first snake, a woma python and infact most the morelias are great however jungles can be a bit snappy and while most grow out of it, many dont although that could be said for most sakes. Roughies are good too! Just because I like them. Best of luck and welcome to the site! Great to have new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back