Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devians

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm from brisbane, i have a few friends with snakes and im really interested. looking into getting a small python myself, and i was told to register here :)

hello and welcome to the site :D
enjoy
cheers
brad

welcome to the site devians. what type of python are you going to get.

cheers
jarryd

im thinking a childrens python. really any species docile and good for a beginner, up to about 2.5m would be ideal for me :) suggestions welcome.

Welcome to the site :)
Childrens pythons get up to about a meter.
IMO You would be best off with a Murray Darling Carpet snake they are generally one of the most placid snakes around and grow to the size you want. If you have a spare grand a woma or black headed python would be a good choice too.

Welcome to the site devians, childrens, spotteds or stimmies are all great beginners snakes imo as they are small and even if they do bite it doesn't hurt.

hey devians and welcome!

Do some research all the pythons you are willing to pay money for, and get one you really like.
Juveniles of any python won't hurt when they bite you, and most of the time won't even draw blood.

Coastal carpet pythons, bredlis, any of the others listed above are all good starters and relatively cheap to buy.

it's about time you took my advice ;P haha welcome!
croc, coastals grow up to 3.5 to 4 metres in length ;P
he's after a smaller python to edge into things ;)

i'm sure by the time a hatchling coastal gets over 2 metres in length, he would know what he was doing :) and he's always welcome to ask for advice, from me or anyone here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back