Hi Everyone, another newbie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Thought i would post and say hello to everyone. I'm new to this site but have been watching and reading it for a while and decided to join

I live in nthrn sydney and have a massive interest in snakes but never got round to it due to my Girlfriend and inlaws hating them but now finally have approval.

I look forward to speaking to you all.

Simon

I've heard that asking for permission is a mistake. Forgiveness is easier to obtain. Look at all that lost time. :)

Welcome to the site Simon

Hi Simon!

Snakes are awesome, you wont regret it!

what are u planning on getting and when?
dont forget to post pics,...!!

Hey simon... I found moving out of my GF's place and buying snakes easier haha... Nah.. seriously I found that girlfriends end up loving the snakes more than you (if you htink it's possible).

Yeah i learnt the hard way, i should of got the snake then told the inlaws and G/F :) . I was thinking along the lines of a python but i'm not rushing into anything, prefer to do all my research so nothing goes wrong, i hate nothing more than cruelty to animals.

Will post pics once all set up and going.

Simon

Yeah i learnt the hard way, i should of got the snake then told the inlaws and G/F :) . I was thinking along the lines of a python but i'm not rushing into anything, prefer to do all my research so nothing goes wrong, i hate nothing more than cruelty to animals.

Will post pics once all set up and going.

Simon

taipan, go the taipan!!! hehe... Or maybe a cute death adder, at least they don't grow to be monstorous sizes!!!

But pythons do make a great snake pet. I myself have a wonderful spotted python, cute as cute can be, loves people (not to eat) and people love her. She's great with my daughter and my friends. Never strikes, but above all, she's easy to keep!

Thanks for the comments, Chris1 i'm in Hornsby to, i assume you have a snake ?

SLiM6y i would love to get a Taipan just for the fact it would keep the mother in law out of my granny flat :)

oooh, another Hornsbyite!! :)

i've got a Bredli, he comes for walks to the petshop with me! :)

Attachments

• Loki4.jpg
    Loki4.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Loki3.jpg
    Loki3.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 111
I've heard that asking for permission is a mistake. Forgiveness is easier to obtain. Look at all that lost time. :)

I found this one all too true when it came to snakes! I asked and begged my mother for a snake, and then one day I got sick of her saying no so I applied for my reptile licence and went and bought myself a beautiful pair of bredli pythons. When mum found them in my room (I wasn't hiding them, it was a matter of walking into my room and looking at it) she called me on my phone and said "WHAT is THAT in your room?!?!" to which I replied "they're my new snakes." :lol:

By the time I got home she had calmed down and I told her all about them and even got her to touch them! The next thing I knew she was asking all sorts of questions about my young bredlis, and now I am glad to say that my collection has grown quite nicely :D

Welcome to the site Simon1

SLiM6y i would love to get a Taipan just for the fact it would keep the mother in law out of my granny flat :)

If you got a big enough Scrubby then perhaps you wouldn't have to worry about the Mother in law at all :evil:;)

IsK

Welcome!

My inlaws are kinda the same. They limited me to two (my spotted and water) because they're away but as soon as they get back from their holiday (April unfortunatley) i'll make them fall in love with my little fellas so i can add to my collection! It's so hard waiting though! I"m lucky to have my two though. They rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back