Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroy6

Reaction score
My new inland carpet python has been in his hide out for the past 5 days
i havent witnessed him come out or rome around his new enclosure yet:(
could something be wrong with him or is this just usuall behaviour?

I wouldnt worry if its a new enclosure hes should come out in his own time, when i first added a new hide to my bhp cage i didnt see if for 2 weeks lol.
Try observing at night, he might poke his head out for a look when the lights go out.

sounds reasonable... when did he last eat? he may be digesting. does he come out at night? they are noctournal and this will be the time you are most likely to see him. also may have picked him up just before a shed and he may be going to shed soon.
could be a vast number of reasons, i would not worry about it at all

he was fed bout 6 days ago, ive seen him poke his head out for a sec but go back in.. thanx heaps for the feedback :)

My coastal is the same... He hasn't come out of his hide for a week,but last night I caught him poking his head out. I m not worried tho I no he would just be a bit nervous because he has been in a click clack for 7months,so going from that to a 4ft enclosure would be scary lol

Also today I added heaps of plants so he might feel a bit more secure. Set ur alarm for midnight and there would probaly be a huge chance he would be out and exploring

im gunna add some plants this week n some climbing branches, not worryin so much no more :p

Leighroy
I am a newbie with a juvie murray darling eight days ago. She hides all day in the wam hide however, when I use a red light torch (basic torch covered with a couple of layers of red cellophane) to veiw in the dark she is cruising around the click-clack most of the evening. I figure she will copme out earlier as she she settles in and gets more confident in the new surroundings. She has shed and fed successfully so far. Once she comes out in the light I will look at handling her.

Yeah, I'd just let him settle in. Keep handling to a minimum and don't do anything to stress him out. Best of luck!
:)

last night i took my coastals hide rock out(the one he always stays in),and decorated the enclosure with more plants and vines etc and he stayed out basking under his light all night and seems very happy,he still has heaps of stuff to hide in but he prefered staying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back