Holden VS Ford

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: power in utes

JandC_Reptiles said:
Yep Todd Wilkes died at Eastern creek in 2001.
The officials ran the track backwards at that meeting.
Starting at the finish line & ending at the start line.
Anyone who knows the track knows you would have to be brain dead to race in that direction as there is merely a few meters untill you hit the wall & tower. The end of the strip was a concrete barrier rather than the braking area of gravel etc.

R.I.P Todd!

i was told that he ran the track backwards not the whole meeting was run backwards..because he wanted a run down the hill to try get get a top speed for the car

RE: Re: RE: power in utes

The entire meet was held backwards in order to reach top speeds down hill. 4 officials were charged with manslaughter but I think the charges were later dropped. Not sure if "Terminal velocity events" are still raced anymore after that accident.

holdens vs fords

It's funny how an upbringing can influence you. I am a ford person at heart, though i've owned a 202 HQ Holden sedan 'road shark' :lol: a Holden VL turbo 290kw@wheels, 3 toyota's (camry&corolla&86 corona, all of them great reliable cars), a Nissan 180sx turbo, a mistubishi 89 magna (crappest of the lot), Yet despite the fact i've never owned a Ford and because my father had a Cortina wagon then an XF wagon through my childhood, and Ford ARE the UNDERDOGS at the moment. Guess its in my blood! They had better win Bathurst this year though! AM TOTALLY LOSING PATIENCE :evil:

GOTTA LUV THA HOLDENS :shock: :lol: :p

i am just about to buy my first car ( a Holden ute :p )

yes magpie, same clutch!...and as I stated, just the regular service, which I reckon covers tyres and diff. oil, along with all the other consumables such as belts and filters etc. etc.
I still say all you holden or ford owners put your hand up if you can match it.
(ps I am actually a holden fan if forced to choose, only cos I watch my father and brother spend their weekends plunging time and money into useless ford utes)

No, a regular service on a diesel is engine oil and filters.
It's not hard to make a diesel last that long, simply put a really really underpowered motor into a very heavy car.

I must admit when I bought the Courier I was told literally nothing ever went wrong with them and 500,000 k's was normal. They are a very simple understressed engine.

I do agree with David, they are both just mass produced cars and neither have any excitement value as far as I can see but each to their own.

Magpie said:
No, a regular service on a diesel is engine oil and filters.
It's not hard to make a diesel last that long, simply put a really really underpowered motor into a very heavy car.

I used to be such an avid Holden supporter, but I don't think their cars are as high a standard in quality as a ford (maybe because they dont have proper QC checks??). But I like the ford designs more now, they look meaner haha

Yes Holden have received a lot of flack over their quality or lack of. A mate of mine bought an HSV somethingorother and vowed never to buy another one.

my dad owned a holden, and it was ok, few problems here and there. Then he bought a Ford, and the quality is just so much better, especially the interior, it just looks/feels and is made so much better.

I must say I also love the Jags Greebs! :D

My main love has always been for Fords. I used to drag race out at Willowbank raceway with a Fairlane I had and built up and a few other “hotter & faster” cars (all Fords) my mates owned and raced. One the guys I know still races and drives his daily wheels (twin turbo & stretched Mustang :p). My passions are GT-40’s and DeTomaso Panteras which all loan their heart and soul from Ford. I’ve always had a soft spot for Chrysler (Mopars) and their engine design over the years. Whilst I might be at the beer end of a champagne list, I’ve never been one to lust after items I know will be almost an impossibility to attain in my lifetime (eg Ferraris, Porsches & Lambos etc).

ps; The new GT's are the gun in Australian sports sedans! They look hot! :wink:

I must admit I am a Jaguar man myself, one day an E-Type will be parked in the garage. :)

boa said:
I must admit I am a Jaguar man myself, one day an E-Type will be parked in the garage. :)

An E-type would be sweet. It would have to be a convertible though.

Personally my ultimate Jaguar would be a Mark 5 Saloon (or three) I just love the look of them.

Jessop, I didn't really do up my ute it came that way :D I've got big wide tyres and in the wet it can be tricky sometimes, but at the end of the day I don't drive like a knob and have no drama's keeping it on the road around corners.

As long as you know what your capable of and what your car is I think you are ok...I've also done advanced driver training, Here is a pic of my big girl...

Oh yes, absolutely a convertible. THE best looking convertible ever made bar none.
I see what you mean about the Mark 5 as well, very nice. I guess I could make some room for one.

Greebo said:
An E-type would be sweet. It would have to be a convertible though.

Personally my ultimate Jaguar would be a Mark 5 Saloon (or three) I just love the look of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back