Hottest day EVER on record

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse_has_faith

Reaction score
Hi all,

I heard on the news last night it's going to be the hottest day on record in November, at least in Sydney. I expect it's probably going to be a scorcher around most the nation too. Remember to make sure our little scaley mates are covered up with plenty of shade and perhaps check on them a few times throughout the day. :)

(I know you guys all know this already, so I apologise for being a boring nag, but I just heard a few horror stories about reptiles expiring in this heat after only being in it for like 5 minutes so I thought it doesn't hurt to retierate.)

Cheers!

Global warming!!!! RUN!!! :lol:

Everyone needs to be very mindful of their pets in these sorts of heatwaves and take appropriate steps in ensuring they have access to plenty of cool water and shade.

That is unless you own a perentie, and at that rate you can just leave it tied to the clothes hoist in the middle of the backyard :) :p

Thanks for the heads up mate, and as far as everybody already knowing this stuff, that aint true. My wife has had her bredli for 2 years and its only recently that we started learning about the need to keep him cool when it gets too hot. Reptiles constantly amaze me with the things they can do, and i honestly thought one of them was extreme heat tollerance!! Now i know to make sure the whole enclosure doesnt get higher than 35 degrees absolute maximum.
As for the hottest november day on record, we had ours 3 days ago here in Wangaratta (NEvictoria). It got to 41.1 degrees making it out hottest november day EVER.

my ponds are refilling backup atm as its been raining all night and hasnt let up yet S.E Melb .

Yeah weve had 32mm here, which is probably our biggest oe second biggest rain event this year. Cant wait for it to warm back up again!!!

Sydney is hot and very very dry atm. Spare a thought for our native birds in this heat and maybe leave a bowl of SHALLOW water out for them.

Well, at least we and our scaley mates made it through that scorcher yesterday, huh Bearded Lady? I was sweating sitting down even with the air con on! Thank heavens for this nice cool change.

For god sakes, our pool has to break at the worst damn time doesn't it!? :x

Damn that sucks!

My bluey juveniles were not sighted at all yesterday in their outdoor enclosure. They were all in their hides and their was always fresh water there if they wanted it. Changed the water a couple of times. In the Illawarra (south coast nsw) the heat didn't really set in till about 4pm then it just kept rising to about 40c. Checked on the blueys and they were fine. Cage temp got to 36c in the shade. Be prepared for lots more of this weather as summer approaches

get aircon put in your herp rooms..........i have one in mine i just set it @ 27 degrees. Doesn't use a lot of power at all as it's only set @ 27. Really just there to protect the herps from overheating not to cool them down.

shoot me a pm if you need a/c in brissy i can probably help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back