Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[no links please]

Last edited by a moderator:
as the last thing to develop in neonates prior to hatching is pigmentation, it is often thought that some 'hatchlings' which fail to hatch are albinos. however, nearly full-term neonates which fail to hatch only lack pigmentation because of being premature, not genetic albinism.

I was thinking the same thing. There are also plenty of albino vens recorded, including tigers, several species of adders, copperheads and browns.

it would be nice to see some pics of the albinos(not just the ones in reptiles australia), especially the woma. aslong as it hasnt been crossed with an albino carpet, that be abit wierd!!!

albino woma

the suggestion that this female [albino] woma is a cross is total rubbish, as she is 100% aspidities ramsayi just a quirk of nature, l have no proof of this but l am quite reliably informed there is a luscistic mac in a collection in the crow state the fact that l have heard whispers from three different directions from three usually very reliable scources leaves me in no doubt its there...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

carpet python and a woma can't be crossed.
would be nice to see a pic of this albino,

Plenty of different species can hybridise like a lion and tiger. Or a carpet and a woma which results in a coma.

However the idea that the albino woma is really a hybrid is silly. As the cross would only result in 100% Het comas which would look like nothing like a pure woma, plus you would then have to cross them again to get albino comas which would still not look like a pure woma.

hmmm never thought of thaty but ill have to check how old the egg where

albino Hoplocephalus are out there

it would be nice to see some pics of the albinos(not just the ones in reptiles australia), especially the woma. aslong as it hasnt been crossed with an albino carpet, that be abit wierd!!!
im sorry ill never speak comedy again as im obviously no good at it:(

but if it did happen i like the name COMA!!!

the suggestion that this female [albino] woma is a cross is total rubbish, as she is 100% aspidities ramsayi just a quirk of nature, l have no proof of this but l am quite reliably informed there is a luscistic mac in a collection in the crow state the fact that l have heard whispers from three different directions from three usually very reliable scources leaves me in no doubt its there...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

No one with any knowledge to speak of would think the Woma was a cross.

The leucistic Mac is well known. There are pictures of it in circulation.

Not so long ago I had the exciting fortune of being present when the albinos of a new line were first seen, unexpectedly produced from captive bred animals. Very cool thing to witness! Great luck to be there at the time, and even luckier was that it happened!

albino hosmer skinks being bred at adelaide zoo,bearded dragons not to mention albino murry darwiny jungles,lol,look at the us of a for ya proof of cross breeding different species,carpets crossed with ball pythons and green trees,also with womas and god knows what else

Plenty of different species can hybridise like a lion and tiger. Or a carpet and a woma which results in a coma.

However the idea that the albino woma is really a hybrid is silly. As the cross would only result in 100% Het comas which would look like nothing like a pure woma, plus you would then have to cross them again to get albino comas which would still not look like a pure woma.

I have a hybrid cat - its called a Bengal and its common ancestry is a cross between a domestic cat and an Asian leopard cat (the leopard influences the pattern and the domestic the calm temperament).

bengal-cat-standing.jpg

No one with any knowledge to speak of would think the Woma was a cross.

The leucistic Mac is well known. There are pictures of it in circulation.

Not so long ago I had the exciting fortune of being present when the albinos of a new line were first seen, unexpectedly produced from captive bred animals. Very cool thing to witness! Great luck to be there at the time, and even luckier was that it happened!

Now that is just teasing sdaji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back