Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one with any knowledge to speak of would think the Woma was a cross.

As far as I'm aware it's never been achieved but getting the albino gene from BHPs to Womas would certainly be incentive to try.

As far as I'm aware it's never been achieved but getting the albino gene from BHPs to Womas would certainly be incentive to try.

It's quite likely possible, but given that there are few if any Black-headeds in Australia, it seems incredibly unlikely that someone made an F2 Black-headed x Woma albino, and if they did there would be multiples around, and the rumour mill probably would have spit something out between now and several years ago when the project was started. If there had been that much time to make the F2 albino hybrids, there would have been plenty of time to produce a decent number of albino Black-headeds, and they'd be all over the place.

Sorry about digging up an old thread, but I've found more.
Albino GTP
Albino Small Eyed Snake
Albino Levis

and there is this leucistic brown tree snake found in north queensland

Attachments

• assorted pics 095.jpg
    assorted pics 095.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 188
was it you sdaji that bred the albino adders? or am i confused?
someone mentioned albino hoplocephalus before..... does anybody have photographic proof of this?

are there albino BHPs in circulation within Australia i thought they were all overseas?

i would love to breed a albino to axanthic to produce a completely white bhp also know as a snow that would be a nice snake

are there albino BHPs in circulation within Australia i thought they were all overseas?

I have heard that there are breeders here in Aus that have them, but as to whether they are in circulation is another story. I'm pretty sure that if they were in circulation, there would be photos everywhere of them, and I'm sure they would have a pretty hefty price on them.

i would love to breed a albino to axanthic to produce a completely white bhp also know as a snow that would be a nice snake

I have actually had that thought myself mate.

There was a Albino small eyed found and taken to a wildlife park as it was stuck in a shovel.Apparently there is Het albino BHPs here in Aus,just wait til the first ones come out of the woodwork,then see how many others do also..

In the castel Hill thread, someone said that they had seen Albino BHP`s for sale in Vic for $50,000. But on the same thread someone said that they would bring their Albino BHP to the expo, but I didn`t see one there.

If you had an albino BHP, or some other super expensive morph, would you bring it to an expo for everyone to gawk at? No way I'd take that sort of risk. Theft is one of the biggest reasons why these things are kept quiet for so long.

If you had an albino BHP, or some other super expensive morph, would you bring it to an expo for everyone to gawk at? No way I'd take that sort of risk. Theft is one of the biggest reasons why these things are kept quiet for so long.

I wouldnt, but I wouldnt tell people I was going to take it to a expo either.

If anyone DID have a "albino BHP"or even het for albino BHP "MOST" would keep quiet for sometime.Theres quiet a few people that have great collections that dont worry about reptile forums to brag about what they have, or dont have.I for one WOULDNT say what i do or dont keep..Its only a matter of time they will come on the market,just like the Jags did...I wouldnt even take a nice jungle to a expo,let alone a snake like that.

was it you sdaji that bred the albino adders? or am i confused?

I was the one who produced the first albino Northern Death Adders (Acanthophis praelongus). Should be producing a few more this season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back