Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bec137

Reaction score
Just a thought, how many people out there have named their snakes Monty?

It took me over a year to choose a name for him. He was known as 'my snake' ... sad huh. I thought I was being all original and funny, then it turns out another friend of mine has a Monty too, and I just read someone on here mentioned their's is too.

Seriously guys, how many are there?

Attachments

• DSCN6926.jpg
    DSCN6926.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 55
I have a "monty" brought him as a male about 7 years ago , but "he" layed 14 eggs a few years ago for me :D

Thats ok lol, my friend has a female called Bruce. Go figure. Probe before naming them people!

my sister or mum named my male coastal monty.

Too many, that's how many. Everyone thinks it's funny/original/smart or whatever.

Hi all,

My first post in this forum..so probably good to go with something lighthearted or risk the flame gods raining vengeance down on me. (I dont know what it is with forums but you do get a lot of one upmanship...I think perhaps a lot of what people put in writing is taken out of context and if in a conversation it would probably just wash over us...I guess we all tend to take some comments too seriously.)

As to names I was thinking exactly the same thing...how many Monty's?....must be quite a few....I pick up my first snake in next week or so...bought a Darwin from the administrator..a very nice specimen to my untrained eye..and I am thinking of calling him Charles (or Charley) after the great Charles Darwin...I guess that may be a fairly common name as well...but given that snakes cant hear I guess it doesnt matter what you call them...or does it? Can they decipher patterns of syllables as vibrations? Dont know...no expert on this at all.

I am proud to say i am not a monty owner. lol.
as for the probing before naming, its a great idea. if not do what i did and name them that could be either a boy or a girl. my first snake was DJ and my second snake Cam. Then i started finding out what they were and could give them all suiting names. lol. turns out DJ is a girl and Cam is a boy. :)

naming them only benefits you anyhow ..so who cares if you call it monty or bruce or pricilla or obama ....the snake wont give a crud ...each to their own what they call their snake, Monty might be common ...but then again so are the names like EMILY AND JACK for humans ...

not a monty owner.
I have a "Mr Bitey" (Atherton Jungle male)
"Squeezie" (diamond sex unknown)
"harley" & "Rose" (male and female diamonds)
and an as yet named jungle girl, some suggested Bindi lol but ummm no im Cyndii :)).
I think giving them names makes them part of the family more?
Better than calling the snake "IT" i guess unless your snake's name is "IT" then no offence lol.

Yeah I too am a Monty free household. Although I was waiting to think of a good name for my female bredli (my first snake), and she was "snakey" for so long that basically it stayed. I don't think I could re-name her now, but I named her boyfriend Cyril.

Yeah I wasn't the biggest fan of calling him 'My Snake' but 'It', that is funny lol. I think it's one of those old things, like if you name it, you'll get attached to it. Thats what it was like with me. Monty was just a pet really before I named him, like I really liked him, but wasn't really attached, now hes the coolest pet ever and he is part of the family instead of just a pet.

My 19 month old son loves him. I say 'where's Monty?' and he runs over to the tank and points and wants to hold him. It's cute.

But yeah, I'll be putting a bit more time and effort into thinking up the names for the next ones lol. The petshop round the corner from me has Morticia and Gomez, I thought that was pretty clever. The same friend of mine with Bruce, has an olive called Fluffy. Hehe.

I'll post up a new thread when I need help with naming. Get your thinking hats on people, I'm after 2 water dragons, a lace monitor, a julatten jungle, a diamond and maybe a bredli or a jungle for a a splash of colour lol.

Thanks for answering my question guys, this was my 1st thread I've written and I didn't think anyone would reply!

Bec xxx

we name everything round here.
our breeding rats have names.
Ruby,sally,raspberry,rosemary,rhubarb and racer, our males are Rory and Rowdy :)
Well when i say everything i dont mean the finches and quails in the avairy i guess their names are lunch hehehhehehe.

I've never heard anyone call a snake Monty before! 8) .......:lol:

I've got a few snakes without any names, but out of all of them with names, Roulette is up there as one of my favourites! :) She's my Lowlands Copperhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back