How to catch a carpet snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean to tell me when you jump on a 4m croc, your first instinct ISN'T to pause for a kodak moment?

jump on first and then a good macro of the scales follows very soon after.

My first image in my head is of SteveNT trying to hold the camera at arms length to get a good action shot on said croc lol

You mean to tell me when you jump on a 4m croc, your first instinct ISN'T to pause for a kodak moment?

I wouldn't jump on a 4 cm crocodile. I'll leave that to the ********s, I leave the photo-documentation to others, I just enjoy the moment and sucking it up. How many people spend their days in quality time with countrymen doing the things I do ? A dozen? 2 dozen?

Dont ask dont get.

i would be careful about leaving rat traps up in the roof it could get the snake by mistake and bring harm to it (i'm not saying it will go for cheese or what ever you use obviously, but it may slither past it and get snapped).

I remember seeing an interesting doco about a year ago on King cobras, and they were using traps to catch them, but what they were doing was tying a dead snake by some string around the head inside a box shaped maze looking thing, can't remember the specifics designs of the trap and the king cobras would swallow the snake and the string trapping them within the dark box, has anyone ever seen that doco or heard of that technique for the king cobras?

i told you when you last posted it that i will come over and catch it for you.

Well I could still take you up on that. I'm now wondering if the "chewing" noise I heard was a rat. I have a steel frame house so small noises on the frame can sound loud. While shedding skin do snakes rub in a way that could make that noise? Anyway I'm taking the skin in to show the guys at work. So the shed skin is often longer than the snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back