How to Introduce Children Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wm460

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have just been given a Childrens Python and I want to put it in the same enclosure as my own. they are approx 24" and 18" long.
Can I just place the new one in the cage and hope for the best or is there another way to introduce them. I don't know eithers sex.

If you don't know the sex of either hoping for the best could end up with a dead snake or 2... Most advice I've seen suggests its possible but not recommended if they were both males it would prob end badly. Even if they were opposite gender I saw a post in here where a guy had a male and female olive that had lived together for years and he found them one morning trying to eat one another .

Last edited:
Two pieces of advice when doing something like this.

Don't do it.

And, don't do it.

There is at least a 50/50 chance you have two males - which WILL end badly at some point.

Also you have completely thrown quarantine straight out the window. ANY time you get a new animal it should be separated and isolated for a MINIMUM 6 months. Separate enclosure, ideally in a separate room.
If you put the new animal straight in with yours - bam! instant transmission of any disease or illness your new addition may have.

VERY foolish thing to do in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back