Humidity for my Jungle/Diamond Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, just recently got a Jungle/Diamond Python and it has a nice enclosure with a Ceramic Light at one end and his Cold end has his Plants, Rock Wall etc. I was just wondering what I need to do to make one end Humid. I've searched, and a lot of people say a wet towel over the top will do fine? Do I need to buy a Humidity Thermostat or something as well, or is that not needed?

Thanks

I don't provide any additional humidity for my Diamond or Jungle, although I do live on the MNC of NSW. Both shed and live quite comfortably and are provided no different humidity management to my other snakes. The only time I have had to do anything humidity related was when my Spotted was having problems on her first shed with me - and then it was only a light misting a couple of times a day for a few days. Never had to do it since. I live on the MNC of NSW though which is not as dry as inland.

Is there any reason why you believe you will need to provide a system for maintaining humidity? They are not species that you would ordinarily need to set up with misters and humidity monitoring generally. From what I understand a light spray bottle misting (not directly on the snake) once or twice a day during sloughing should be all that is necessary ordinarily - and even then you would probably not need that.

Last edited:
I treat my two exactly as you would Diamonds and they are perfectly fine, no misting, no extra humidity. And I live in Central Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back