I Bought a Bass!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forensick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
In reference to the "who plays guitar" thread from a few days ago....

i am now going to confidently say "I PLAY BASS (kinda)"

i bought it on thursday... start proper lessons this friday...
i know from the last thread that alot of you are anti lessons, but good technique is the basis for EVERYTHING :p

i think i made the guy at the store happy....
he asked if i wanted a tuner, and i looked at him puzzled and said "why, i can hear"
then asked if i wanted any beginner tab sheet things.... and i said i'd prefer music...
he then preceeded to say he was a sight reader, and wished more people actually read music.
and finally, in asking what the first things i wanted to learn to play were, i said a minor and c major scales! (although at this point i can only manage an a minor thats shaky on the way back down.

anyway...

PICTURES
its a cort 5 string, with a 45 watt beringer amp

1316986911_af5c9ca5ac_o.jpg

1317874816_4a3dba63d8_o.jpg

1317875810_b55f17ee0c_o.jpg

1317876480_e732b48e4e_o.jpg

Bass player high five! *slap*

Congrats on your new toy, hope you like it! My bass (Ibanez RD300 4-string) has the same pickup configuration as yours, and it sounds amazing.

I never had formal lessons. I've played guitar for years, could already read bass music, and a friend who also plays bass showed me techniques. You are going to learn to finger-pick, right?

Have fun!! :D

i plan on approaching it the way i do classical music...

i will learn to finger pick properly, pic and slap... then when i am technically profficent at all... i will decide and specalise!

and moose... not wannabe... just bored and miss playing... all my other instruments require 30mins of warm up before i can play, and i don't have te time/energy for that

Forensick i couldve given you one of my old ones from my old rock star wannabe days back in sydney LOL

She is beautiful have you named her??

BY the way just be warned that when you learn your first song your other half will kill you because you will need to play it 100 times everyday just to prove you can play a song (thats what i did anyway) LMAO

swing....
i am used to spending at a bare mimimum an hour a day on technical exercises...

right now ALL i play is scales.

when i start learning songs, she wont be nnoyed at hearing 1 song 100 times a day...
i'll be playing 2 or 3 bars THOUSANDS of times a day....

perfect is perfect is perfect

i remember once in high school for my grade 8 exam (AMEB) playing 3 notes over and over and OVER again for about 4 hours on a saturday, till i wa satisfied with tone and precision, then i had lunch, and played those 3 plus the next 4 over and over till dinner

only my original clarinet has a name....
all others are called by their titles... the A clarinet, the Bb bass etc etc or in the event of having multiples its the buffet or the yamaha

Nice bass Forensick :) Watch out with that Behringer amp though. We sell them in the shop here and, to be quite honest, they suck. Almost every bass amp we have sold has come back not working :( I discourage anyone from buying Behringer amps and it isn't just the bass amps. The power amps also play up.

really....
it cost me $99 with the guitar, as an upgrade from the begginers pack amp, whch sounded AWFUL.... crackles when on with no input....
minimal controls, only one channel...
it even made the bass sound out of tune!

it has a 24 month warranty on it tho.... and if i am any good in 18 months, and without sounding arrogant, its likely, i will buy something pretty decent then anyway

Atleast you didn't pay much for it. Good luck with it and your playing. Hope the amp lasts for you :)

Cheers

and when i move on from it i'll get a marshal stack as big as i am!

Bass

Lucky I opened up your thraed Forensick. I though you had bought a fish:lol::lol:

What are your neighbours going to say about this one. Hopefully your close knit community is all into the loud stuff.

Lucky I opened up your thraed Forensick. I though you had bought a fish:lol::lol:

Was thinking the same thing. How disappointing to find it was only a guitar! LOL

However having said that I would LOVE to play an acoustic guitar. Bought one off ebay and it sat here cause I deciding teaching myself wasn't going to happen and the $$ required for enough lessons to become good was out of reach. Unless of course someone know of a really good teach yourself book or DVD etc??? I might try again

Nice dude

i am playing an Ibanez BTB455QM, love the 5 string action. i have no idea how the hell i enjoyed playing 4 strings!

Bass is awesome man. I just wish I had more time to practice these days. I have a 5 string but I am a lefty and there isn’t much choice so I got a Cort C5. Still awesome but not a Spector or Modulus :cry:

Anyways here’s some awesome bass players and vids I watch on YouTube (yes I DO like Death Metal A LOT but still might be worth while for people to check those vids out too).

Alex Webster (He PWNS. He walked past us at Cannibal Corpse and I was going to say something to him but all that would have come out is: “You Alex Webster you Cannibal good bass”).

[video=youtube;ZQ9W_HM-Rmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9W_HM-Rmg[/video]

Erlend Caspersen (This guy is the most insane bass player I have and probably will ever see. He’s in, toured with and recorded for a lot of awesome Death and even Black Metal bands. Has heaps of other vids on YouTube too).

[video=youtube;mqAPlDWgYbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqAPlDWgYbE[/video]

Victor Wooten (Rated by most as THE best bass player EVER. He has some sweet YouTube vids but I like this one because it’s a good song).

[video=youtube;f9a4ThBNacY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9a4ThBNacY[/video]

Billy Sheehan (If he’s good enough to play with Steve Vai then he’s obviously pretty good. If you get a chance definitely try and pick up the Books/DVDs: ‘Basic Bass’ and then ‘Advanced Bass’).

[video=youtube;twEvRB9raZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twEvRB9raZo[/video]

This is just a raondom dude playing the "Super Mario Bros." theme. Pretty sweet.

[video=youtube;yf56jYDv2fc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf56jYDv2fc[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back