Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a coastal or centralian???

python (3).jpgpython (2).jpg

Looks more like an MD but could easily be a hybrid.

Yep

Jamie

Actually Rams, I agree with you, just clicked on the photos to enlarge them - too much red for a coastal.

Looks most like an inland carpet to me, due to over all patterning. Colour is neither here or there, you wouldn't have much trouble finding coastals matching this colour wise in my experience, especially between 1770 north to Bowen (not actually saying it is though).

Do you have any info on where it was found ?

Do Inlands have that kind of red? I thought they were more of a grey? Either way it's gorgeous

I would say a Murray Darling. Don't the Gammon Ranges specimens have a bit of red to them? I've never kept this species so.....

i would say this is one from a region where the two species meet and has created a nartural intergrade, like diamonds and coastals near port macquarie

I'm not sure it's supposed to be anything. The shot in the bin makes me think it's a relocation/rescue

Was found in Broken Hill.
I have no idea what it is...except it is NOT a bredli or coastal..

I spoke to Sunny today about this python. It was found in Broken Hill NSW. Anyone on here ever experienced carpet pythons from that area? It's important because he has to be certain before it can be released back into the wild. Personally I have never seen a carpet python from that area or even heard of one. However to me it looks most like an inland carpet python.

There are no signs of parasites on it, and it is pretty good condition. Although this might point to it being a captive escapee, i can't help but think that's what a carpet python would look like if it occurred in that area.

Cheers Gird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back