Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do. The above mentioned species and cane toads were introduced in large numbers not by one or two individuals. Also, we are not sure if Hemidactylus and Lepidodactylus is not parthenogenic (at least some populations). Besides, most of them wouldn't survive in Melbourne.

I agree. They can have the rest Oz, so long as they don’t invade Melbourne. Damn! REST are known to breed in Melbourne’s climate.

You obviously know something I don’t. Perhaps you would like to share it with me – how do you know that the two geckoes and the blindsnake were introduced in large numbers. Secondly, the introduction of Red-eared Slider Tuurtles (REST) to isolated water bodies - there are clearly a lot of water bodies in which they have established breeding populations in WA, ACT, Victoria, southern and eastern Sydney and Woy Woy, and a couple of rivers in OLD. How many individuals were released to establish breeding populations in these places?

I won’t be surprised if you find an excuse to avoid answering these questions. Add to that the fact that you blithely ignored that solid data provided in support of potential establishment of exotics, you have clearly failed to accept the reality of the situation. Not every exotic has the potential to establish. However, a large number and a significant percentage do. It is not as hard as you would have people believe. This has been clearly demonstrated in countries with laxer import laws than ours. I really don’t care if you wish to live in a fool’s paradise believing this is not so. What i do care about is setting the record straight for the readers of this forum.

Blue

PS. Sounds like you might have water on the brain. There is a name for that – it is called hydrocephaly.
I fail to see why you equate intelligent and rational discourse with “tension”. Does this say something about you?

I can be relaxed and still argue vehemently and logically. In fact, when stressed, my capacity for rational thinking drops off dramatically, as it does when i am unwell. Thankfully, both those situations are, at best, transient visitors.

I certainly don’t use either as an excuse for opting out when the going gets too hard.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back